Foreword

Mikhail Equinox^

*Please note this is not part of the story, it is a separate author's note and therefore doesn't count toward the word count*

Hey! For those of you who know me, I primarily write fairytale retellings with a modern twist and old magic. I decided to use a basic idea for a future story in my Light Series for this contest. I'm worried not everything will make sense, so I have compiled a list of everything you need to know:

This story takes place in a magical dimension called Asyr. Asyr is filled with magical beings who all identify as something related to a faerie.

Faerie is an overgeneralization, like a Genus in biology. Faeries consist of 3 subsections: pixies, angels, and fae.

Asyr is mostly ruled by fae, and the Queen or King Supreme over all Domains. The Domains are as follows:

Eternity (the Queen or King Supreme)
Spring
Summer
Fall
Winter
Demeredis
Aneon

Spring is ruled by Lord Spring, also known as Felix Equinox. He has one son, named Mikhail, who this story is about.

Summer is ruled by Lady Summer, also known as Azalea Solstice. She has twin daughters named Saphire and Serenity.

Fall is ruled by Lady Autumn, also known as Dawn Equinox. She has no children.

Winter is ruled by Lord Winter, also known as Novus Solstice. He has one son, named Laurel Solstice. Laurel is also known as Shade Jackson.

Demeredis is ruled by pixies. The domain itself is unimportant in this story. All you need to know is pixies are a subsection of faeries and they are tiny terrors.

Aneon is unimportant in this story, so I'm not going into details. They are classified as your "classic angels."

A place called "Terralus" is mentioned. Think of this as the "real world." There is no magic, and it is the dimension where all books in the Light Series take place.

One last thing. Those of you who read Into the Spotlight will know this, but "Connected" refers to the Complement Connection or siren soulmates.

Ok... I know that's a lot but now you shouldn't be lost and confused. Oh! And if you are a reader of the Light Series, think of this as a sneak peek into what's to come!

I hope you like it

-Eva