Chapter 5

Favorite Humans

.

.

.

.

.

.

The Sensei banged on the cymbal, annoying his sleeping students. "Evil never sleeps, and neither should you." They all begrudgingly got out of bed. "Especially since you only have two of the golden weapons at hand." Wu said, not trying to mask his disappointment. He wished he could rely on his students more, but they were simply undisciplined.

"Yeah yeah, we get it, we should have been more careful." Jay complains, laying face first on the floor. "The past is in the past, I only ask for you to learn from this." His students were now more awake, ready to train, but seeing as their new home was in ruin, he noted what their first lesson should be. "I think for today, you will be doing chores.

Again, his students complained. "Ninja fight, Sensei, they don't clean." Cole argued. "In order to respect ourselves, we must respect our new home and where we are from."

In hindsight, respect should have been the first lesson to be taught, but this will make up for that. "I expect things to be spotless when I return, so put your backs into it." He said, banging his cymbal one last time.

The Sensei left his students to clean.

"Ugh! This is gonna take forever." Kai groaned. "I, for one, don't mind cleaning if it is to show respect for our new home." Zane said, picking up a broom to sweep up the sand. "Eh, I'm not dealing with that, wake me up when Sensei gets back." Kai yawned, turning to his side to go back to sleep.

Cole picked up the pile of sand, throwing it onto Kai. "ARGH!" "Zane, you're smart, know a way we can wrap this up fast?" The earth ninja asked. "If the two of you had your weapons, it would have been done in a more efficient manner, but since that is out of the equation, we should start with Jay using his weapon to bring back the electricity." "Let's get to it then."

___

Nya and Wu were met with the ship cleaned and four boys laying tiredly on the floor. "Wow, hard to believe you guys did all this." She teased, looking around the ship. "Ninja don't just fight. . . Apparently they clean too." Cole said with panted breath. "You've exceeded my expectations, but can you keep them up?"

There was honking from outside the ship, immediately catching Jay's attention. "Looks like we got visitors." Nya pointed out. "Ugh, it's my parents, please, if they start yapping, just don't let them keep going, they don't know when to quit and if you start talking they'll start talking, and suddenly half the day is gone-" "Alright, we get it, sheesh."

Jay walked over to his parents, forcing a smile. "Ma! Pa! What are you doing here?" "What? Are we not allowed to miss our son?" His father joked, Jay just rolling his eyes.

"Oh! Jay, you wouldn't believe the girl I met in Jamanakai a few weeks ago, she was such a cutie, and your type." "MA!" Jay says, cheeks red from embarrassment. "Don't worry, sweetie, I only said good things about you." She hummed, reminiscing of the girl. "Jay, why not give your parents a tour?" Jay internally groaned in annoyance, forcing a smile onto his face again. "Yup, yeah, good idea."