000

The sun glistened in multiple colours in the early stages of the morning, and the busy streets of Tokyo, Japan hustled and bustled even before the roosters indicated that a new day began.

Loud noise gave from the house under the bridge that was connected to the railway station.

A small child who was unfairly dragged out of her haven by her unapologetic mother, moaned little pleads of mercy as they left her lips but she was yanked into their bathroom.

Cleaned up to her mother's liking she was neatly ready to attend kindergarten, the very thought brought an unwanted thought to her shrunken mentality.

What if the children don't like her and she would get bullied, then they would torture her then eat her whole? Or maybe in a cute salad——

"Hitoka your overthinking again," her mother said softly, placing her special breakfast in front of her. A bunny omelette with decoration and something that looked a little similar to grass.

Hitoka gulped and clung to her mother's apron.

"B-but mama wha-what if they try to roast me alive" She sobbed pitifully.

Her mother rolled her eyes, "Then they'd be doing me a favour"

She gasped and tugged harder "But m-ma I'm your daughter, you c-cant say that and if they eat me then you're second! mama i-i can't have you die you need to bury my bones s-so you can't and——"

A boisterous chuckle emerged from her mother as she patted her daughter's head endearingly. Her daughter tended to overthink often, no make that every day and she was partly to blame but she would never admit it.

She fed her daughter, hitoka, who was whimpering softly in her lap. Today she would have classmates and a teacher just like she did a few years back.

"—— So essentially yo-you should buy a weapon for yourself ma-mama" She finished.

Feeding the last spoon to hitoka, she stood up and answered as she went and placed the dish in the washing machine.

"So what ya tryna say is that I need to protect myself to fight the zombies who will come to eat me...?" She summarised while laughing.

"Mhhm!" She nodded and jumped off her seat.

She then pretended to think, "Will I need a weapon? I have my brave hitoka to protect me!" She tapped her chin.

Hitoka flinched "Me p-protecting mama?" She asked herself before nodding "I'll protect mama!" She hugged her mother in determination.

Talking about different things hitoka didn't notice her mother collected her things and strapped her in the car before she realised.

She began to whine, kicking the back of her mother's seat in nervousness and earning a tap on her head since the car was very expensive.

Having seven existential crises and five breakdowns she was now staring straight at the hellhole her beloved mother decided to shove her in

Miyagi kindergarten, she read the sign slowly.

She didn't know what was to come of the future, especially being in an anime she barely paid attention to