21

Rematch

5.2k words

Warning: many fighting scenes, mentions of death, mentions of wanting to murder people, kidnapping, false news reports, cursing, hypnosis, y/n ruins the chance for some men to procreate (slightly graphic?).

*

The meeting place was Banaro island.

It was deserted and uninhabitable to the locals after the massive fight between the two pirates. Fire and darkness colliding in a massive power struggle where darkness reigned supreme. The perfect place for the rematch where the intentions were clear to both parties; Blackbeard wanted to kill Ace and deliver his body to the marine headquarters to show he was going to be a future emperor.

Ace got the message loud and clear. He was more then happy for some long awaited payback. He wouldn't disappoint Thach twice. He promised to show Blackbeard that the Whitebeard pirates would always be superior; and this time, he had backup.

The group of commanders approached a small island located close to Banero. At first they were debating whether or not they should be informing Whitebeard about the battle.

There were many pros and cons but at the end they didn't for one simple reason; he wasn't fully recovered yet.

The division commanders didn't want to put him under anymore stress, so they took action themselves and immediately headed towards the meeting destination.

In all the days they had been travelling together, y/n woke up only once. They were in the middle of the sea and had just sank an enemy ship. Ace went down to the bottom level like he always did after attacks to check up on her. It was then he discovered y/n had woken up during the battle.

Ace had informed her of all the information they came by. Y/n was rightfully pissed when she heard her mother had been captured by Blackbeard to lure Ace out and kill him. Using the mother of his wife who he has yet to be formally introduced to was a dirty move. How Blackbeard knew when they would escape-he had no clue. It didn't matter now as they were already on a path they couldn't turn back from.

Y/n was worried for Ace. He looked tired and even if he swore he was doing just fine she could tell it was a lie. He was putting on a brave face for her and she didn't want that. However Ace was stubborn headed and wouldn't drop the brave facade no matter how many times she pleaded.

Then there was the other thing that worried her. The last time this battle happened, Ace lost. He was captured by the enemy, put in prison, humiliated and ended up almost being executed. If it wasn't for her interference he wouldn't be here right now. Her vision would have come to pass.

Only this time if he lost, he would be killed immediately with no chance for her to change the situation. She didn't put herself through hell just to allow Ace to live a couple extra months. She put herself through hell so he could live for years to come.

He assured her it would be different this time. With everyone backing him up and knowing what to expect, this time he wouldn't lose. He reassured her of how Blackbeard wouldn't stand a chance and the person going to die isn't him.

Y/n was undecided on what to believe. Evidence shows her that if Ace lost once them there was a high possibility of him losing twice if he lost control. But adding in the new variables to the equation made it a 50/50 shot. But one look at Ace's resolve, the way his eyes held an unwavering passion in them had her deciding she needed to change the percentage. It now stood at sixty-five/thirty-five and Ace was on the higher end.

She believes in him. At the end of the day she will put all her trust into Ace, no questions asked. He will pull through with what he says and bring her back to normal.