❀1 - ʟᴀɴɢᴜᴀɢᴇ ʙᴀʀʀɪᴇʀ❀

|𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐀 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐞

|𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐀 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐞...|

━ • ⋆ ✿ ⋆ • ━

The Village was quiet, and the rain had decreased significantly in the past couple of hours. Tighnari pounded the herbs into dust and then mixed the dry powder with a bitter-smelling liquid inside a bowl. Finally, he put the mixture aside to rest and turned around to face the sleeping woman tucked in his bed.

Her face is as pale as a Petunia, and her lips slowly melt back to their peachy color, to Tighnari's relief. He checked her vitals and let out a tired sigh full of ease. Your condition is stable and not life-threatening anymore, which has put him on edge for the past few hours.

Tighnari sat on the border of his bed and observed in peace. Your chest rises up and down in a calm rhythm. His ears twitched, and his tail wiggled as he sniffed in your scent. Your fragrance filled his nose and lung like an addictive drug. Tighnari can't quite put it in words... you smell so familiar, and at the same time, there is an air of otherworldliness around you.

Tighnari moved your h/c strand of hair out of your face, and he could feel how his heart beat quicker than before. He doesn't know why, but he feels he needs to protect you at any cost. "Just who are you..." He mumbled as question after question spun inside his head like a rollercoaster. Patience is the only answer for now.

A knocking sound could be heard from his cabin door. Slightly frowning at the person who wanted to talk to him late in the night, Tighnari glanced at your unconscious form one last time and headed toward his front door.

Opening the door as quietly as possible, he was surprisingly met with the Trainee Forest Watcher Collei. The short female fiddled nervously with her hair and looked at him with apologizing eyes.

His eyes widened barely at the unexpected visitor but soon turned back to normal. "Collei? What do you need at this hour? You should be long asleep now."

"M-Master, i-i-it's about the girl you carried to your home..." Collei averted her gaze and looked down to the ground as if she were trying to find the right words to explain her absurd visions of where precisely this girl always appeared in a harmed or frightening way. "U-Uhm, I-I think I know this girl from...," Collei paused and peeked at Tighnari's face as he already knew what she would say. "...from my dreams." She finished, and heat rose to her face as mentioning dreams is ridiculous in Sumeru.

Tighnari held his chin and thought that all these dreams couldn't be a coincidence, and now Collei mentioned she knew this mysterious woman from her dreams too...

He shook his head in an understanding manner and slightly smiled. "It's ok, Collei. Don't be ashamed. It goes the same for me too... I know her as well." Tighnari pushed the door open without further explanation, and Collei followed, confused by his silent request, and entered his cabin.