Chapter 26: Surprise

Peter's POV:
I was stunned. I had no idea that they planned a birthday party for me. I thought they were just going out and all. Dei and Andy untied me while everyone started handing me gifts. "What- how long have y'all been planning this?" I looked over to everyone and then they all pointed at Dei. I looked at her. "Well, it all started when...."

~ a few chapters before ~

Dei's POV:
Me and Stenla were busy watching a movie at her house. We were watching Friday the 13th. Wait, the 13. I looked at the calendar and noticed that Peter's birthday was coming soon and I hadn't plan anything for him. Stenla noticed me looking at the calendar for a while. "Something wrong with the calendar?" Of course, a dumb joke. I explained to her about Peter's birthday and how I wanted to throw him a surprise party. She agreed to help me with the party. We started working on some decorations for the party and after a few hours of doing that, I noticed that it was almost 1 in the morning and that Peter would start worrying where I am. I kissed Stenla goodbye and left. I made it to the house and saw Peter already waiting for me. I looked down, feeling ashamed that I got caught. "Where the hell have you been? It's already 1 in the morning and you look like a mess." Of course he was worried. I shrugged to make sure he wouldn't grow suspicious of what I was doing and went to my room. The next morning, I went over to Margaret and explained my plan for Peter's birthday as well. She liked the idea and said she'll pitch in to help and get the others to help as well. I came back to the house and saw Andy looking at me sternly. "Dei, you're up to something and I want to know what this is about." "Damn it! So much for being less suspicious..." I decided to tell him about my plan and he actually was surprised. "And why didn't you ask me to help you out?" I thought why I didn't ask him for help. He's Peter's husband for god's sake. I looked at him and thought of an excuse. "Cause I thought you might tell him???" That was a stupid excuse. He crossed his arms, looking disappointed at me. "You're lucky I don't want to ruin your plans. I'll still pitch to help with anything." He was gonna go to aberl but I stopped him. "Actually, can you help me pick out a gift for him? I still haven't decided what to give to him yet..." He looked back to Aberl's room and then at me. "Fine, let's go now..." We left the house and went to find a gift for him. I took a while until we found a gift shop. There were many things to give him until I thought about giving him a bandana. A green emerald one to match his eyes. He'll love it for sure. Andy also decided to give him a gift and he chose some emerald sock warmers for him. "Why are you giving him that?" He told me that it was for his tentacles when winter came around. That was actually clever of him. His and my tentacles for some reason freeze when taken out into the cold. This will be a nice benefit for him. We put them in some colorful boxes and headed back to the house. Margaret would already be there waiting for us. We made it to the front door and heard Peter being tied up by the others. At least that'll throw him off.

Peter's POV:
I was touched. My sister had planned me a surprise birthday party just for me. How sweet of her. I gave her a hug for my gratitude. She returned it. Aberl started playing with Margaret and Claus. Claus tried his best to do peek a boo on Aberl. It didn't work much. Andy came to my side and hugged me by my arm. This was a party to remember for a long time. WAIT- how old am I again? I asked Andy since I pretty much forget the simple things. He said I'm turning 24. Maybe I'm not that old I guess. I shrugged it off and decided to enjoy the party my sister threw me. I had to admit tho....

I didn't see it coming....