Chapter 19

I put an arm behind him. "Hey, it's okay."

"No it's not. It's not okay. Charles is mad at me, for sure."

"Have you talked to him?"

"No, but I don't want to either."

"Come on Pierre, you have to talk to him, I'm sure he isn't mad at you. I'll find him for you, okay?"

"I guess."

Charles is walking through the paddock, and he is searching for something. "Hey Sky, have you seen Pierre?"

"Yes, but he doesn't want to talk to you."

"Why not?"

"He thinks that you are mad at him, and that you don't want to talk."

"I'm not mad, it was just an incident, on the race, could've happened to anyone."

"I know, but good luck explaining that to Pierre."

"Yeah, can you bring me to him?"

"Yes, follow me."

When we come back to Pierre he looks at Charles. "I'm so sorry, it was all my fault and..."

Charles stops him. "No it wasn't, it was a racing incident, it could've happened to anyone. That it's us is just pure luck."

Pierre hugs him. "Thank you."

We walk back to the car, but suddenly I hear my name being called. "SKY!"

I turn around. "What?"

Lando runs up to me and Pierre. "Are you coming to the party tonight?"

I look at Pierre confused. "Party? You didn't tell me."

"You're right, but I completely forgot. But I would be coming if I was you."

"Are you going to be there?"

"Of course, it's always a lot of fun. Most of the drivers are there usually."

I turn to Lando again. "Yeah, I think so."

He sees that I'm scared. "Come on Sky, it's going to be okay." He hugs me. "See you tonight then, bye."

"Bye Lando."

"I'm not sure if I'm going."

We're driving back to the hotel, but Pierre still grabs my hand. "Why not?"

"I don't want to mess up your fun evening."

"Why would you?"

"Because... I don't know okay. I'm scared. What if I do something stupid. Everybody will be laughing at and always remember me for that."

"No they won't. Nobody will. Okay, they're probably going to laugh, but because it's funny, not because it's you."

"Do you think?"

"Of course, why would they laugh at you for being you?"

"I don't know, because I'm stupid maybe."

"No you're not, trust me." He stops the car and turns to me. "Sky, look me in the eyes and say: I'm beautiful just the way I am, and I'm going to the after party."

I look in his eyes, but I think I don't say anything and that I'm staring, because Pierre waves his hand. "Hello, are you going to say anything?"

"Oh ehm yes." I sigh. "I'm beautiful just the way I am, aaand I'm going to the after party."

"Good job Sky, now believe in it. Should I pick you up at 7?"

"That would be great."

"Okay, you can step out of the car, because we're at the hotel."

He walks me to my room. "See you at 7 Sky."

"Yes, see you then." I open the door, only to find out that Max isn't there.

He left a note. *Hey Sky, I'm with Kelly, cya at the party.*

I message Pierre.

*If you want company, I'm right here.*