Jimin's Epilogue

Jimin fell asleep at some point. It wasn't a relaxing little sleep where he could stretch his limbs and get some rest. Rather, it was a sad fall from consciousness that resulted in him being just as exhausted when he woke up.

He was still shaking when he awoke. The fever had fallen away though, and he felt a bit less hazy. Even though he was exhausted, he could see himself resuming the walk the next day.

It was afternoon now. Jimin's stomach hurt with hunger. He had nothing with him anymore. He slowly got to his feet and searched the cupboards again. Everything was bare. He turned on the tap but there was no running water. A few drops spilled out though and he greedily lapped them up. It wasn't enough. His tongue was just as dry as ever. He flopped back onto the floor.

On the way back to the base, he was certain that he could find some kind of food and water source. All these buildings had to have something.

His rifle was still resting on the ground next to him. Jimin patted his pocket. He didn't have too much ammunition left, but it would probably last for the walk. For a moment, he regretted not swiping anything that Jin had left. Then he felt guilty and tried to clear his mind.

Thoughts of Jin swam through him anyway. He fought to keep afloat. The numbness was back. Jimin felt like he was floating in some other reality.

He was snapped out of his stupor when a loud thud sounded in the distance. Bombs. He had almost forgotten the threat of those in the city. He curled up in a ball and tried to muffle the noises. It wasn't close by. But the house still shook. Jimin tried to make himself as small as possible.

Several more thuds and booms and blasts followed. Jimin felt each of them crash through his body and vibrate in his bones. There wasn't anything he could do anymore. If anything happened to him, he would become a victim too.

Jimin continued laying on the floor long after the bombs stopped falling. His breathing was raggedy and weak. It took more effort to breathe than usual. The thudding of his heart matched the thudding of the bombs. They were one and the same. Everything was out to kill him.

He felt maniacal, high, desperate, all at the same time. He had never felt like this before.

Another blast rocked his senses and he was thrown into being alert again. He watched, all alone, as the windows rattled and the wind whistled.

Now they were right on top of him. They were so close. He could hear the destruction now.

Jimin coughed. There was smoke floating in through the window. He could barely breathe. 

He was all alone now. 

The world was blazing.

-------

Fin.

-------

thank you so much for reading! honestly, i was worried that this book wouldn't make a lot of sense, but i hope it did lol

i will be back with another book soon! tysm ❤️

481 words