Chapter 2: It's disgusting but why is it bringing me joy?

TW: Vomiting,  Negative Thoughts,  A start of a breakdown!!
——————————
After they have finished off the Spider Queen and her mech, the heroes have celebrated with their New Years fireworks. Wukong was hopping around as he was amazed by the dazzling colors of the fireworks, his eyes shining and bringing out the gold in his eyes.

"Now those are fireworks!"

He exclaimed as he jumped on Mk's head. Now that all the excitement had seen to calm down, the Monkie kid and his mentor had sat on the edge of the cliff where they had started off in the beginning to train before it got interrupted.

"We really need to get better at not smushing the city!" Mk has said

"Eh, priorities."

They both laughed as if...nothing bad is going to happen now.

"You did really good today Bud!"

......

"Mk?"

Wukong seemed confused on why the kid suddenly grew silent the boy looked down on the cliff below him, swinging his feet.

"Are you okay? After..."

Mk had asked and stopped looking over his mentor, the Monkey King...who had a very surprised look on his face it almost seemed...like he was scared.

"Monkey King..?"

The boy decided to speak out since his mentor had gone quiet, the simian had started shaking in his arms and hands, Mk was about to comfort his mentor but...

"It's...fine bud. It's dealt with."

Wukong had said to try and make his successor not worry but he said that as he hugged himself rubbing off the coldness he was feeling, though Mk had put a hand on Monkey King shoulder and suddenly...it was warm—or hot. Whatever that feeling is felt good, relaxing even. Wukong wanted to get the kid to hug him...to see if it's the same that he felt earlier.

But he saw eyes all staring at him and he started to feel uncomfortable and awkward he shook his shoulder so Mk could let go and take the hint of who's right behind them.

"Wanna tell your friends to take it down a bit?"

All of Mk's friends were standing in amazement of the 'God' in-front of them they all seemed speechless though Pigsy didn't try to look impress even though he was. Tang was one of the few to go directly to Wukong to express his fanboy side of him.

Wukong on the other hand felt uncomfortable by the sudden closeness the human was being as he stared with admiration...it was weird because the human is the descendant of my...master. It's honestly a relief to see a familiar face after being...alone of these years—

"You're very lonely aren't you my dear boy?"

The Bone Demons words still ringing inside Wukong's head. This has him blur and block out the noises and the people that were close to him...he felt like vomiting or crying—He started panting hard and brought a hand close to his mouth, his eyes were wobbling as his vision seem to blur. Mk noticed this action and gently told Tang to back off for a bit. Mk then focused his attention to Wukong, the others seem to notice this sudden action of Mk's mentor and decided to give him space. Sandy had brought out tea as he approached Wukong.

"Mr. King would you like some tea? It would help calm down your nerves—"

Before Sandy could finish Wukong smacked the tea out of his hand as it crashed into the rocky ground and pieces of glass were scattered all over. All of them were in shock especially Mk, his mentor seemed off right after he left the Spider Queens lair. Sandy picked up the pieces and kept them in his pocket to fix it later, he didn't know much about the Monkey King but he for sure knows an overwhelmed person when he sees one, he decided to let this slide and tried to bring the King into a hug.

Wukong's POV after smacking away the offer of tea:

'...huh? Did I really?'
'He just offered me some tea, why didn't I accept it?'
'My head hurts...why am I still thinking about the hug thing? About the words she said?'
'Is something wrong with me...?'
'I'm disgusting aren't I? I broke the tea that my brother—Sandy made...'
'DAMNIT!!'

"Monkey King!!" Mk called out to his mentor who suddenly ran away from them...it looked like the King had tears forming in his eyes. Sandy has put a hand on Mk's shoulder.

"It's alright Mk, your mentor has a lot on his mind right now it'd be best to give him some space."

Sandy said to reassure Mk thinking he'll think it was his fault that Wukong ran away.

"I'm guessing something did happen during Spider Queen?"

Mk had asked and it seemed that all of them nodded in agreement. Mk sighed,

"Cheer up Kiddo, Monkey King will meet up with you tomorrow right? Let's unpause our New Years and eat some noodles."

Pigsy said turning towards Mk who nodded and the rest have left the scene all hoping for the Monkey King to be alright...

————————————
He was in fact not alright, he was vomiting all of the nervousness he was feeling earlier and also from...remembering what she told him. He felt ashamed and disappointed in himself for trying to compare a simple hug from two different people. Though the warm touch was nice...it was too hot but the touch of the Bone Demon was nice and cool...Wukong has stopped and wiped his mouth with the back of his sleeve.

He was inside his lovely hut on Flower Fruit Mountain, and inside a shabby bathroom with a reek of vomit in the toilet. He flushed it down and walked over to the sink to look at himself in the mirror.

'Man, I'm such a mess...'

He thought to himself as he turned on the sink to wash his face and as he was done he saw another being in the reflection...it looked just like him...only he was shorter, had longer hair and bangs, had a...scar? On the right of his eyes, the original color of his eyes..., blue scarf, sleeveless shirt with black and gray patterns.

'This is so weird...maybe I'm hallucinating cause I just had a what? Breakdown? That's what they call it these days?'

As Wukong was thinking there was another person behind the 'younger version' of him. The simian opened his eyes to find a woman...with long black hair with white stripes that are found within her hair, she was wearing a long white dress. The woman was...hugging the 'young version' of him and that version seemed...happy. It almost made him jealous.

As Wukong started hugging himself to remind him of the hug that he had felt with the girl. He then looked forward at the mirror to find himself and the Lady Bone Demon blending in the other versions and being seen as a...happy family. Wukong felt joy for a second until he realized what was happening and threw up in the sink. He felt disgusting by how he imagined her as his mother.

He grew more afraid of the conversation he had with her and about the people in the mirror just now...more questions grew inside Wukong's head, he hated himself for not knowing all the answers he wished he had. He tried to force himself to be confident in what he's about and going to do now. He was done with the vomiting and the...weird stuff. He decided he would deal with it in the morning.

As Wukong was leaving the bathroom, the woman and the young adult appeared again and the woman had put a spell on the boy making his eyes glow blue...with smoke coming up everywhere in the mirror. Then the woman had a smile on her face as the smoke covers up her and her son.