Chapter 3: You're confused as you laugh in joy

NOTE: Dang—I haven't uploaded in 12 days IM SO SORRY!! I didn't have the time to write out my chapter but here it is! Adding in some 'proper bonding' between Father and Son in this chapter before we roll down the angsty road! Hope you all enjoy!

'I was running...through the forest of Flower Fruit Mountain, but why? Questions raised through my head but I didn't stop, it felt like if I stopped...I'll never live.'

Wukong ran and ran, the branches left scratches on to him though he couldn't care less about that as he was running someone had caught up to him, as they grabbed his wrist.

"Wukong!!" The unknown voice said.

Wukong had stopped and turned his head to look at the voices face...

————————————

"Monkey King!!"

Wukong woke up, catching his breath. He then looked all around him and realized he was in his shabby hut on Flower Fruit Mountain, he wasn't running. He then recalled the voice that called out to him, he looked outside to see Mk waiting for him. Wukong ran fingers through his hair as he twirled and played with it to help calm down his nerves. He called out Mk saying he was getting ready.

He put on his usual outfit as he brought out a traveling bag as he was going to say he was going on, "vacation" when really he's going to find more answers on...the Lady Bone Demon.

'I don't want the Kid to worry...he's got enough plates on his shoulders already with the Spider Queen and the Demon Bull family. And with her back it'll make things worst for Mk, I'll handle it myself so we could all go about our days!'

Wukong had made up his mind as he started smiling at himself, he threw out the bag and startled Mk on accident, he jumped out of his hut and headed towards the bag.

"Moneky King!—Uh, listen I wanted to ask if you're okay after..." Mk had stopped and looked over to his mentor who was busy packing.

"What're you doing?" Mk said as he pulled the bag away from his mentor. Wukong looked up and saw the worried expression on Mk's face...it made him want to puke or—whatever he was feeling felt awful, like butterflies in your stomach but not the good kind...it felt like they were swarming up everyone choking up his throat. He really did want to throw up again.

But he remembered what he was supposed to be doing and shook his head. He looked back at Mk who still had the same face, Wukong sighed as he went over to Mk and ruffled his hair.

"I'm fine now bud, really. I just wasn't feeling good, guessing I felt overwhelmed of the Spider Queen and her draining out my powers did a number on me!"

Wukong said as he finished ruffling his successors hair and he sat down as Mk also sat down. Wukong looked over at Mk as he held backed tears, not willing to lie to him...but it's for the best to keep him safe.

"Hey Kid, I'm going out to take a break for awhile—Not a whole lot!" Wukong shook his hands in the air to ensure Mk, as the Kid laughed. "I think I got back to fast, and I'm going to the celestial realm to get caught up and relax a bit."

Wukong has been fidgeting with his hands as he looked at the ground then back to Mk who had sparkly eyes.

"THE CELESTIAL REALM?!?!" Mk had yelled but then he covered his mouth and laughed sheepishly as he noticed the King covering his ears.

"Sorry Monkey King! It's just I've heard stories of it and I got to excited, it's just when we went there to save the city from Spider Queen I didn't get to see a whole lot since we were in a rush..."

Wukong was confused on what Mk was saying until...

"Sooo can you please take some photos when you're on va-cay!" Mk had pulled out a phone and handed it to Monkey King.

Wukong was surprised as he held on to the device and started playing with it, he looked at Mk.

"You're...not going to question me anymore?" Wukong asked as he put the phone away in the bag.

"It's understandable on why you need a break from all of this, I also get breaks—Everyone does!" Mk has a big smile on his face as he stood up.

"W—What about your training? I'm—leaving you to train on your own! Aren't you disappointed?" Wukong raised his voice a little as he stared at Mk who's expression hadn't change and still had a smile.

"I can just ask my family to help!"

"Family?" Wukong asked as he had a questionable look on his face.

"Oh—right! It's Pigsy, Mr. Tang, Sandy, Mo, and Mei!...." Mk has began rambling on and on as Monkey King was stuck.

'Family? Is that what I saw last night...a parent and her son...just enjoying being together? Are me and her family?'

Wukong shook his head more as his student was done talking and has extended a hand to him. He was hesitant at first as he reached out his hand to Mk's and as he did the world got brighter...his eyes shined brightly. Mk then hugged Wukong.

"Have a nice trip...dad." Mk has almost teared up as he said that sentence.

Wukong was shocked and couldn't find the right words to say anything as he hugged Mk back, tightly with tears in his eyes.

"Thanks...son I'll be back right before you know it! And I'll take pictures for you to see."

Wukong and Mk laughed as they didn't let go of each other...afraid one might drift away too far.
....

And one did.