F - 2

They woke up with a jolt and hurriedly took down the traps, packed and readied their crossbow. "What's wrong?" Andy asked.
"I thought I heard something!" Theo whispered.

They just stood there. Crossbow drawn. Listening for something.

There it was. The sound of someone walking. They took a deep breath and gave a warning shot. The stranger looked around for where the arrow came from. The stranger pulled out a small knife. "Is anyone there 'cause I must warn you I'm armed!" The stranger shouted unconfidently. They shot another arrow. The stranger looked directly at them. "Hey, you almost hit me! Can you here me?" They stayed silent.

The stranger started to climb up the ledge. "What are you doing?" They said loading the crossbow again. "I thought it would be easier to talk to this way." They didn't respond they backed themself against the wall.

"Anyway, hi I'm Fluorine." They remanded silent. "What's your name?" Fluorine extended an arm. Fluorine slowly kept her arm extended in case the kid decided to shake it. She had dark skin and short dark hair. She wore a camouflage jacket with khaki pants and black boots. "So, where is your family?"
"Gone." They said quickly.
"Oh, do you have anyone with you?" They shook their head backing further against the wall. "Why are you backing away?" They glared at Fluorine. "If you're worried. I haven't been bit." They eased up a bit when she said that but keeping their guard up. "Why are you here?" They asked sharply. She took a deep breath and answered, "I was sent to find food and survivors."

"She seems weirdly calm. Maybe she's going to kill you." Theo whispered
"Kill her before kills you!" Kyle yelled.
"Go with her. Her settlement would have food and shelter." Brian said.
"I will visit. But if I hate it I will leave, immediately. Okay?" They replied walking over to her.
"Sure." They double checked making sure they had everything. "Good to go?" They nodded. "Great. You'll love it. Plus, you up traps everywhere you go."