Jab punches

The next day, Bert and his sister were waiting outside the Cobra Kai dojo. A red car arrived and a man who looked like he definitely drinks lots of alcohol exites it.

As Bert watched the video of the fight with a few other kids, he punched the air, biting his lip softly in concentration. He was obsessed with the video. Marlene had to take away his phone and game computer to get him to sleep, last night.

The blond alcohol man opened the door to the dojo and the children almost ran inside.

Everyone was talking to each other in the dojo. Marlene patted Bert's shoulder and sat in the back to watch.

"Why did I let you talk me into this? This goes against everything I stand for." Marlene overheard Demetri talking to Eli. "It's like extra gym class for no reason."

"Let's just give it a chance." Eli told his best friend. "You saw the fight. Miguel kicked ass."

"Okay. Today we begin..." Marlene heard the man speak. He gave up and then yelled: "Quiet!" The entire dojo fell silent.

"Well, that worked." Marlene muttered.

"Face front." The children obeyed. Bert was at the front, he adjusted his glasses nervously. The man walked through the crowd of children, eyeing them all up and down.

"Nice shirt." He said as he reached Demetri.

"Thanks." The nerd replied smiling.

"I'm joking. It sucks." Demetri dropped his head a little and nodded. The man kept on walking and reached another kid.

"Word of advice. If you got shit for teeth, don't smile." The boy's smile faded.

"God, makes me feel like a virgin, just looking at you." He told another boy. "When I look around this dojo, I don't see Cobra Kai material. I see losers, I see nerds."

"I see a fat kid with a funny hat with his tits popping out." The sensei reached the front of the class again. "But in my short time as a sensei, I've also seen some miracles."

He looked at his two students with actual gis on. The three exchanges smiles.

"So, maybe there's some hope for you yet. But first, I need to see where you're at. So everybody, fall in!" Everyone was confused. "That means line up." This time everyone understood. All students went over to stand in lines behind Miguel and Aisha.

"No, not... not line up in a line. Lines! Get in lines." The sensei said, not getting that these were students that didn't know shit about karate terms yet.

"You mean like rows?" Demetri asked. The man groaned and covered his face in disappointment and annoyance.

As the students slowly walked over to form the lines their sensei wanted, the sensei himself walked over to Marlene.

"Why are you sitting, afraid?" He asked her.

"No, I'm waiting till it's done to take Bert back home." She responded. The man looked her up and down.

"Aren't you to young to be a parent?" He asked, genuinely confused.

"Oh, Bert is my little brother." He nodded, finally understanding.

"Well, parents are supposed to wait outside, but I'll let it slide today." He said.

"Got it, I won't be here during class tomorrow."

"Unless you join, of course." He looked at her arms, she wore a sleeveless sweater. He could see she was strong and he hoped to get her in his dojo too. "Enjoy the show..." He trailed off, not knowing her name.