Part 3- 3:53pm

The noises of the eating area were loud but strangely comforting. 

"You were right, it's good," Alex said through a mouthful of falafel.

"Just good? Good?  It's heavenly." Magnus replied defensively. 

Alex laughed. "Sure."

"Oh- she/her now, right?" Magnus asked. Alex paused, a forkful of food halfway to her mouth.

"How'd you know?" she asked.

 Magnus shrugged awkwardly. "I don't know." 

Alex shrugged in turn. "Well, you're right, at least. Anyway, we've got 45 minutes left until I leave." 

"Already?" Magnus groaned. "I've still got 5 hours left. I dunno what I'm gonna dooooo."

"You complain too much," she informed. 

"You're so annoying," Magnus retorted. 

The two of them retreated to the lounge after eating and sat on a couch side by side. Alex pulled out her sketchbook and tried to copy the cactus garden from memory, but ended up failing repeatedly and just decided to sketch the view through the window. 

The afternoon light illuminated the planes, and she soon found herself entranced watching them take off and land. Magnus was once more on his phone, mindlessly playing random games he found on crappy ads. The two of them held the peaceful environment for about 15 minutes before the inevitable distraction came.

"Hold on," Alex said suddenly, sitting up. Magnus turned to look at her. 

"What?"

"I got an apology email from the airline. My flight's gonna be delayed for another 3 hours." Her eyes shone brightly as she reported the news. Magnus smiled. 

"I'm pretty sure that's not something to be excited about," he laughed. Alex shrugged. 

"I didn't think I'd have a friend," she admitted. 

"Aww, now you called us friends!"

"Awww, you're an even bigger dork." 

-4:18-

After a few minutes, they connected Magnus's AirPods to his phone and took one each.

"What song do you want to listen to?" Magnus asked, scrolling through his Spotify. Alex shrugged. 

"I dunno. Something chill."

"How about lofi?"

"Sure." Magnus clicked shuffle on his playlist and 'Forest Trails' by no one's perfect came on. Alex smiled. 

"This is nice," she noted. Magnus nodded in agreement.

The two adventurous teens lapsed back into silence for another 15 minutes, but quickly grew bored of the mindless scenario and went to walk around the airport.

"Are you tired?" Magnus asked worriedly. 

"No. Why?" 

"Oh, that's good. I don't want to keep you up just because I don't want to sleep."

"Don't worry about it, I slept the entire flight the way here. The gap was only supposed to be one hour, so I thought I might as well have slept then," Alex explained. 

"Oh. Oh, look! A bookstore," Magnus pointed to it. 

"Books? Really?" Alex asked dubiously. 

"Oh come on." Magnus grabbed Alex's hand and dragged her toward it. 

It was mostly filled with magazines more than books, but it was fun browsing nevertheless. Magnus became suddenly aware that they were still holding hands as they exited the store (without buying anything, obviously), but neither of them seemed to be letting go any time soon. They bought soft drinks from the shop next door and went to another eating area to sit down for a while. 

"I'm so bored. This has been so repetitive," Alex groaned. 

"And you say I complain too much. Ooh, what about hide-and-seek?"

"In an airport?"

"Well, we can choose a certain area so it's not too difficult for the seeker." 

"Ok. What area?"

"We can use from here to the lounge we were at earlier."

"Ok. You seek first! Count to 90."

"Alright. 90, 89, 88, 87.."

"Hey, I'm not ready!" Alex laughed and ran off. 

Once time was up, Magnus stood up and grabbed the pair's soft drink cans, chucking them into a nearby bin. He then slung Alex's backpack over his shoulder and grabbed the handle of his mini suitcase, knowing full well that they wouldn't return. He looked around and noticed a flash of pink and green. A small smile crept up his face and he hurried toward the Starbucks, peering around it. 

"Found you," he grinned. Alex laughed. 

"Yeah, my sweater's a giveaway," she said, grinning

"Let's get something to eat while we're here," Magnus suggested. 

"Again?" 

"Come on, why not!"

"Hi, what can I get you?" the barista asked, in a tone almost identical to the one from earlier's. 

"A large box of assorted macarons please," Alex asked, looking over questionably at Magnus. He nodded enthusiastically. 

"Of course." Once it was ready, they put the box in Alex's backpack, deciding to eat them after the game.

"Your turn to hide now," Alex informed.

"Alright. Don't peek," Magnus told her. 

She snorted, "Like you didn't." 

He chuckled and passed her the luggage, hurrying off toward some good hiding spot.

-4:41-

A/N

Ok, I really recommend you read the first part of this chapter while listening to the song that they do at the beginning because it just gives nice ~vibes~ (or at least the convo in which they listen to the song bc just y'know what are words)

Ok thank you