| Chapter 5: The Desires of the Flesh |

In the city of Marble Stone, inside a large building, a familiar blue hedgehog was seen inside an office writing on a grand desk.

Dear Sister,

I write to you in hopes of good health, I've started my apprenticeship with the lady Longclaw. She is very kind but extremely strict, in a strange way she reminds me of our mother. I have learned so much from her. Marble Stone is more fascinating than what we were told as children. The buildings are as tall as the grand oak trees, the streets are filled with horse-drawn carriages, and there are many book shops you would've enjoyed. I've met a few charming characters during my stay here. Just the other day I met a young man named Miles Prower, but he preferred to be called Tails. He is an extraordinary engineer and a great friend as well. This city is magnificent, and I wish to see more of it.

Yet, sister, I haven't heard from you and our father and it's been weeks since your last letter. Now, I'm hearing strange rumors of girls disappearing from their homes in the countryside. I know that I've promised you that we'll meet again in a year but until I see you and father are safe. I'll put the apprenticeship on hold. I'll see you in two weeks. I shall see you again soon.

Your Brother,

Sonic the Hedgehog

Sonic waits for the ink to dry before sealing it in an envelope and giving it to a servant to send it to the post. Sonic looks out of the window and prays for his family's safety; he prays that his mother's spirit watches over Clara.

Meanwhile, in the Lord's castle, Clara was seen pacing around as she was anxious, confused, scared, and worried. How long has it been since the gala? Days...weeks? Ever since that night, she has been trapped in this godforsaken place. How could this have happened to her? What did she do to gain such attention? All these questions kept on swirling around her head like a never-ending whirlpool. The poor hedgehog was locked inside the room the servants provided for her. Every day, Clara tried every trick to escape this nightmare.

Faking an illness and attacking the guards to escape.

Failed!

Making a rope using only bedsheets and curtains to escape through the window.

Failed!

Trying the fight her way out with a sharp nail file.

Failed!

Every time her plan failed! She is forced inside the bedroom, and they lock the door, but they would take away anything that would be her means of escape. They have nailed the windows shut. Striped all the bedding and curtains, and everything with a pointed end was taken.

Sighing, she looks at her reflection in the body mirror, a girl dressed in a black colored dress with laced sleeves, and her snow-white hair is freely spread from her shoulders and back. Though she was a prisoner in this castle, she was treated like a woman of noble standing. Getting new dresses, served three square meals, and served tea. It would be a dream come true for most women. However, Clara knew the truth, memories of the blood and bodies from before resurfaced. Then an image appeared in her mind, laying in Lord Shadow's arms. She was bleeding profusely from the neck Shadow gently licked the wound before his eyes glowed bright red and bared his fangs.

Clara inhales in distress as she clenches the skirt of her dress, the hedgehog beheld the mirror with sadness in her eyes. She thought about her life, friends, brother, and father. She wonders how they're doing right now, especially the children she was teaching. Clara tears up at the thought and leans pressing her forehead against the mirrored reflection. What she didn't expect is for the mirror to suddenly move forward. She nearly trips herself and falls but using the sides of the mirror the hedgehog quickly caught herself. She slowly looked up to see something light behind the mirror. She slowly pushes it open to reveal a dark passageway. Her eyes lit up, thinking this might be her ticket way to escape this godforsaken castle.