three

•°•
Winning a Battle, Losing the War
Season 1, Episode 3
•°•

Somebody was shaking her awake. Cracking opening her eyes, Tori grabbed one of the pillows on her bed and started hitting the person with it.

"Ouch! Tori!" Izzie yelled

Tori opened her eyes and saw Izzie invading her room. She looked at the clock and saw it was 4:30 in the morning.

"Izzie, what the hell?" Tori asked tiredly

"George's room is bigger than mine." Izzie complained

Tori rubbed her eyes and sighed, "Izzie, I can't tell you how much I don't care."

She got out of bed and started getting clothes out to wear, "Go tell someone who cares. I'm going to take my shower and wake Ariel."

Izzie makes a face at the younger woman before leaving the room. Tori sighed again and leaned her forehead on the wall.

In all honesty, Tori was starting to regret having Izzie and George move in. She also suspected that Meredith felt the same way. Ariel, on the other hand, didn't care one way or the other.

All she needed was her mother and Aunt Meredith.

After her shower and after she got dressed, Tori made her way into Ariel's room.

"Ari," Tori called but the little girl only stirred slightly, "Ariel Genevieve, It's time to wake up." Tori said as she patted her daughter on the back

Ariel grunted, clearly not a morning person. She was like her mother in that way.

The younger Grey sister smiled at her daughter, "I'll make m&m pancakes." She bribed

The littlest Grey opened an eye, "And hot chocolate?" She asked

Tori nodded and Ariel sat up in her bed, "Deal."

Tori kissed her kid on the head and started walking to the door when Ariel stopped her.

"Mommy?" The little girl called, "Would you ever have another baby?" She asked her mother

Tori halfway turned to face her daughter and thought about it. Sure she would love to have another baby. Just not right now as an intern in an already crowded house.

"Not right now, no but maybe in the future. Why?" Tori answered

Ariel gave a small smile, "I dreamt that I had a little brother."

"Did you get along?" Tori asked

Ari nodded but didn't say anything more as she got off of her bed and walked in front of her mother. She hugged her mother tightly, "I love you mommy."

Tori hugged her back even tighter, "I love you more than you could ever imagine. Don't you ever forget that, Ariel Genevieve."

-•°•-

At the hospital, Bailey and her interns were walking through the hallway. Bailey was in front of them, George and Tori on either side of her, Izzie and Alex were behind them with Meredith and Cristina bringing up the rear