New Beginnings

Visenya was not a Bastard.

But she was still kept a secret. Away from people's eyes, or whispers would start to spread.

Visenya knew why she could not travel to King's Landing with her Uncle's. Why she wouldn't find a match with a High Lord or any one of respectable background, even though she was of the Blood of the Dragon. Of Old Valyria. Of Kings and Queens whose family line had ruled for centuries.

Visenya was a Targaryen.

And the Usurper was not overly fond of them.

Visenya would never lower herself to say the Usurpers true name. Not after she learned what that man did. He had killed her Father. Rhaegar Targaryen. The Usurper took him away before Visenya was even born. How could she possibly ever forgive him for that.

Visenya grew up alone. While her cousins travelled around the Seven Kingdoms, seeking out favorable matches and growing alliances, Visenya was left alone to play with dolls, or read books. Her chambers were on the furthest side of Sunspear. Though she knew she should be grateful for it. 

Her chambers were not small, they were just as big as her cousins Princess Arianne's chambers. They had large windows, a comfortable bed. She had all the clothes she could wish for, and riches that she did not know how to spend. But even that did not make up for the lack of company she had.

Servants fawned over her beautiful silver-gold hair, and her perfectly tanned skin. They whispered about how beautiful she was, and how lucky she was to be receiving such things from Prince Martell, even though she was not a true Martell.

Visenya's mother was the beloved Elia Martell. Visenya had inherited her beautiful tanned skin, her figure, her talents, and her wit. But Visenya had something Elia did not. Visenya had silver hair, and violet eyes. 

She was a Targaryen. And no one could know of her existence.

No one knew of her existence. When the Lords and Ladies of the Seven Kingdoms heard about the death of Elia and her children, they had thought that was the end of it. They never knew the truth.

It was true, the Mountain was send to kill Elia and her children. He crushed the skull of Aegon in front of Elia, and raped Rhaenys before stabbing her half a hundred times. They were both presented to the Usurper in Lannister cloaks. To better conceal the blood.

Elia was killed last, she was raped and then slaughtered. Her skull was crushed. Her body was unrecognizable afterwards, Visenya's Uncle, Oberyn had said.

The truth was, Elia had been pregnant when Rhaegar stole Lyanna and took her away. She had been warned by Maesters that another pregnancy could kill her, but Elia was persistent, and demanded to carry the child. Perhaps she believed that if she bore Rhaegar another healthy child, a girl to complete his moronic prophecy, he would come back. He would have no need for Lyanna or her womb.

Rhaegar heard the Prophecy from a young age. He knew he needed to sire two daughters and a son, named after Aegon the Conqueror and his sister-wives. He achieved that dream, only he never knew.

Visenya was born after his death. And Elia had died mere fortnights after her husband's death during childbirth with Visenya. The Maesters had been right, another pregnancy did kill her. Though, she did not die before giving an order to her loyal servants to get her children out, by any means possible. She needed her children away. She had requested they get to Dragonstone, to Queen Rhaella and her son.

That plan was never realized. Elia died in her bed. Moments before the Mountain burst into the room, and without a word, grabbed Aegon smashing his head in, and then he grabbed Rhaenys, beginning his tortures with the small girl.