Chapter 1

{contain some swearing}

~~~Chapter 1~~~

"Don't mess this up." you whispered to yourself, as you grip your [f/c] bag tightly. Today is the first day of high school - one of the most important days of your life.

-

When you were just 6, your parents had gotten into a divorce and you and your brother ended up living with your mom. Life was hard, your family have a lot of debts to pay and so it was difficult, especially for your beloved mother, who needs to work for 3 jobs just to ensure that you and your brother can eat something everyday. This causes you to not be able to attend a good school. But nonetheless, you studied hard enough for you to get a scholarship...

...to Rakuzan High.

-

As you walked inside the hallways of the school, you were astonished by the fancy structures of the building, by how massive the classrooms were, by how each student was dressed... It made you feel sort of uncomfortable. 'Maybe I don't belong here,' was what you had in your head the whole time.

You tried to cover your clothes by placing both of your hands over your not-very-fashionable shirt (you were so damn poor that you can't even purchase a school uniform). You were too concentrated on your the-things-I-need-to-do-so-that-I-won't-get-embarrassed plan and didn't realised where you were going. Consequently, you accidentally bumped into someone. Being the apologetic mushroom you were, you immediately bowed continuously while saying sorry. After long awkward pause, you gather the guts to look at the person in the eye, to see what he/she looks like.

HUGE. Mistake.

It was a boy with scarlet hair. He was around 9 cm taller than you. But he's different from anyone you knew - he got this weird aura that makes him stand out, not in a good way though. With his red and gold heterochromatic eyes, he glared at you. It felt like he just looked into your soul, which made you uneasy.

"Only those who serve me are allowed to look at me in the eye. Get out of my way." he said with a monotonic voice.

You quickly made way for him and then off he went, walking pass the crowd of students. That memory of him keeps replaying in your head. It makes you shiver every time. You wanted to forget about that moment but you ironically can't. Your hands are still sweating remembering that intense glare.

"Who is he?" is what you asked yourself.

---Time skip---

After a long search, you finally found your class. Class 1-A. You reached the door and opened it. Walking inside the classroom made you feel nervous as you are one of those shy and quiet girl instead of the confident and cheerful type. You choose a seat that was beside the window, at the edge of the classroom. You hope no one would take that seat beside you since you intended to be alone.

You waited until your homeroom teacher come. You check your watch. 7:45 AM. 15 more minutes. You got bored and try to observe the other students instead, ended up making this game of who do you think the students were (like guessing which one is the class clown, the popular girl, etc). Your eyes move towards every corner of the room. "That's the rowdy one, that must be the otaku kid," you murmured, "That's the artist and that's..."

You saw him. Again.

Both of your [e/c] eyes widen in shocked. You thought, "I'm in the same class as him?" you muttered in surprised. You remembered his bloody-red hair once more. His intimidating eyes was also glancing over the room. He stopped when he spotted you looking at him. You rapidly turn your head around, pretending that nothing has happened.

"Thud... thud... thud..." you heard footsteps. 'Shit, shit, shit!' you thought. You were 100% sure that he was coming to you. He looked like the kind of person whom you don't wanna messed with, so you were bloody anxious. You were just sitting there, finger-crossed, hoping for the best and preparing for the worst.

The intense moment got cut off when your homeroom teacher walked inside and told everyone to take their seats. You sighed softly in relief. "Good morning class. I'm Mizune-sensei and I'll be your homeroom teacher for this academic year," said Mizune-sensei, "I'll start by taking your attendance. Hanashima Sayu... Katzaki Ren..." your sensei continued on.

Your teacher then calls out, "Akashi Seijuro." you notice that the heterochromatic eyed guy stand up and said, "Hai."

You were just thinking about his name when sensei called out yours, "[Surname] [Name]." You quickly snapped out of daydreaming mode and slowly stand up saying, "H-hai."

When you were in the motion of sitting down, you noticed Akashi... smirking? Why? You wanted to know damn why. But for some reason, you found yourself blushing a little bit. You quickly place your hand over your face. You also wanted to know why you blushed at that time. Sadly, the answers are no where to be found.

"Okay class, I will tell you your seating arrangement by tomorrow." Mizune sensei informed the class. You were shocked. 'Seating arrangements?! I thought we could seat wherever we want for the rest of the year!' You thought, surprised.

Class proceeded but you didn't bother to even listen to the teacher, which was somewhat unusual for you. Your head is filled with him.

'So his name is Akashi Seijuro, huh?'