Three

"Mr. Sencen is in the Forbidden Cities?" Mr. Forkle breathed, his eyes searching Sophie's, and she suddenly realized he was searching her mind.
His face paled.
Sophie scanned her friends, all of them awaiting for her to talk. Biana. Tam. Lihn. Fitz.
But Sophie Sidney know how to tell them what happened. She had no idea what to start- and even less how she could end, and was sure to burst out in tears somewhere in the middle. So you held out Keefe's letter, letting them take turns reading it.
"Is Keefe really...." Lihn whispered, her pink flushed cheeks turning white.
"Yeah." Fitz's voice was dark, and he kicked the wall behind him. "How could he do this?" He turned away, muttering about Keefe being reckless.
"I... don't understand. How could he...." Biana whispered, wiping away a tear, and then scrubbing at her smudged mascara.
"I warned him! He should've stayed away, like I told him to! Why couldnt he have just listened for once?" Tam excamimed, the last to read over the letter. He shook his head, his silver tipped bangs swishing.
"If there's one thing I know for sure about Keefe Sencen, is that everybody has said that about him at least once." Mr. Forkle told Tam, resting a hand on his shoulder.
Sophie wasn't sure if Mr. Forkle was joking, or if he really was trying to be reassuring. But is words were true.
"I think I need to pay a visit to Cassius. Maybe he could-"
"Miss. Foster, with all due respect, I think the best thing for you right now would be to get some sleep." Mr. Forkle interrupted, biting his lip and studying her.
Sophie groaned, but as she traced her hand over her hair, she noticed the old pineapple hair situation was back. And by the amount of time she'd been crying... yeah. She probably looked ridiculous.
Fitz shook his head. "Sophie doesn't have to do everything. A few of us can go see Cassius, right?" He pointed to their group.
Sophie tried not to feel hurt by that. He was probably just looking out for her.
"I think that's a good idea. I'll go with, and we can tell you what we find after, Sophie." Biana took a step towards the door. It was obvious everyone just wanted to do something.
"If you go... just tell Cassius..." Sophie trailed off. There were a million things she wanted to shout at Cassius's face- most of them concerning his hurtful parenting methods.
"Actually, I think you should wait until tomorrow. Let's wait a day to regroup and think- and prevent any reckless sort of actions."
Fitz shook his head in disgust. "We're not being reckless- we're trying to help Keefe from getting himself killed!" His teeth were gritted and his eyes pure rage.
Mr. Forkle crossed the room to set a hand on Fitz shoulder. "I simply think that this is a lot to process- let's give it a night to think about things and rest. That's all I'm trying to suggest."
"But how is waiting going to change the fact that we need to see Cassius? We should-" Sophie was cut off.
"We all plate simply tired and our brains worn out from this new information. Trust me, Miss. Foster. No one knows the stakes more than I. But we should always keep a clear head." Mr. Forkle told her.
Grady cleared his throat. "I don't think we've asked- is there a reason you are here, Forkle?"
"Yes, actually- I nearly forgot." His eyes met Sophie's. "Glimmer is demanding a meeting."