Chapter 5- A Demons Soulmate

After a long night of explanation and confession, the demon and his human lover had fallen fast asleep, Kai's arms were wrapped around Lloyds waist. It was magical to Kai as he watched Lloyds sleepy eyes slowly flutter opening, it made his heart race. He smiled softly and pressed a kissed into his humans forehead.

"Good morning, angel," Kai said softly through the kiss, "How'd you sleep?"

"B-better with you here..." Lloyd said softly as a pale red dusted across his cheeks, hiding his face in Kais chest, "You?"

"With my little human in my arms? Never better," Kai said in a teasing whisper as he snuggled Lloyd closer, "I'm gonna make breakfast, what are you feeling?"

"Bacon pancakes?"

"Bacon what?" Kai burst out laughing.

"Bacon pancakes! Don't laugh at me!" Lloyd whined, pouting.

"Okay, okay, explain."

"You take pancake batter and hide a piece of bacon in it!"

Kai chuckled as he got up, stretching, the morning sun shined off his rather muscular form, causing Lloyds face to turn red. He smirked and flexed, causing Lloyd to laugh and throw a pillow at him before he got up and rushed downstairs, Kai chasing after him. Lloyd giggled, trying to outrun his fiery demon, sliding down the hall and dipping into the kitchen, only for Kai to practically appear behind him and hug him tight, they giggled until they locked eyes with Nya, who had been cooking breakfast. 

"Uhm... Hey Nya," Kai blushed a bit, embarrassed, "How yah doing?"

"Uhm, good. Mind telling me what this is about?"

"Hehe... well..." Kai blushed as he explained that he told Lloyd about the demon, angel thing and they're dating, "So yeah..."

"YOU DID WHAT!" Nya shouted as she smacked him on the head, "ARE YOU STUPID? WHAT IF HE TELLS SOMEONE! YOU KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN!"

"I-I promise I won't tell anyone! Why would I? I mean... You wouldn't snitch on someone you love, why would I?"

"E-exactly!" Kai whined, holding his head.

"Fine..," Nya gave a reluctant sigh as she buried her face in her hand, "I swear, I oughta kick your butt, Kai." 

"Please, don't!" 

"So... We still on for breakfast?" Lloyd asked, sheepishly as his stomach growled.

"I'm making french toast. Kai, go get a shower, you smell like death," Nya huffed, still annoyed that her brother would tell anyone, "Hurry up, too!"

Kai whined and went to get a shower as Lloyd took a seat at the kitchen table, his hand meeting his neck, where his bitemark resigned. He blushed a bit as he grazed his fingers against it, while Nya kept cooking. She played music and mumbled the lyrics as she worked. Nya was always the more responsible of the two of them, despite being the youngest. 

"Hey, Nya?"

"Yeah?"

"I mean it when I said I wouldn't tell..," Lloyd said softly, "I promise."

"I know... Kai still shouldn't have told anyone... It's very dangerous in the human world for us... and it's just as dangerous in the demon world and heaven..," Nya turned to look at Lloyd, "We're outcasts from our own kind. It's bullsh*t."

Lloyd couldn't help, but agree. They were more similar to humans than demons, and yet if anyone found out about their status, they would be sent to the churches. They would be tourchered and that was no life for anyone. It was awful that suck discrimination was even apart of society, race, gender, sexuality, none of should matter. They all bled the same blood and cried the same tears and it was sickening to know that in their day and age, people were still treated as second-class citizens over such trivial matters

The room was quiet as Nya kept cooking, they could hear the shower running and and Kai singing, which made them begin to giggle. Lloyd had never heard Kai sing, but good heavens was it... interesting. Despite all the panic and stress, they were still good friends and that friendship was worth preserving. 

(Sorry this chapter ran a little short! I'm working on some college works and I don't have a whole lot of time before deadlines start popping up! Thank you for understanding!)