Day 10

Franky

~{You're point of view}~

It's was the annual cooking competition which is televised each year, it's always before Christmas and everyone loves to watch it and see everyone make their own food for the show.

Each year, everyone who joins the competition will be told what to recreate, but you're allowed to make you're own twist to it. The prize is obviously money, like any competition that's televised.

I was lucky enough to be able to join in this year as contestant and not someone who's watching the show. I'm so excited right now, I want to prove myself to everyone and show how good I am with cooking!

So here I am on stage with a pretty good amount of contestants this year, ready to be told what to recreate.

-"Hello and welcome everyone! Here are our new contestants this year, this year we we're able to get the double amount of contestants and here's the reason why! Our marvelous judges, wanted to have a twist to change things up! So they have decided to have everyone pared up by a partner by random and see how they'll cook!" My stomach dropped at the pit of mu stomach once I hear everything the announcer says. I'm going to be paired up with someone? Someone who I do not know? Oh god this'll go really bad.

-"And for the prize money we have decided to also double that amount so the two contestants that are paired up and win the prize will be able to split the money!" Right, the prize money. To be honest I don't really care about the prize money, but at least they took that into consideration.

-"As for the food creation's, you may pick anything you want to make, but I must be a desert and the desert must either be a cake, a pie, or some cookies that are different than you're usual store bought ones!" Well, that's going to be interesting with negotiation with some of the groups.

-"Now for the real fun to begin! The partners you're going to join up with is quite simple, you're all going to grab a piece of paper in this box here, the number on the paper will be who you're partnered up with. Once you obtain your paper wait to find your partner with the same number on the paper! Have fun!" Once the lady announces the rules for the partnership we're going to have to do, she then takes a white box and places it on a table and lets everyone to go and grab their paper.

Once I get my paper I look at the number to see whom I got. I got number "10".

-"SUPER!!!" I hear, surprising me from the loud shouting that came from a large man doing an odd pose. I wonder why he did such an odd thing? I mean I shouldn't be surprised as I am in the new world and everyone here is crazy weird.

-"What number did you get Franky? You seem happy about it." I'm guessing one of the man's friends asked. I guess his name is Franky?

-"I got the number 10! It's a great number!" Wait- 10? So I guess I kind of found my partner?

-"Hello." I say while approaching them. "I couldn't help myself overhear you guys, but I'm not sure if I heard you right but your number is 10 right?" I ask while looking at this very tall man and now since I'm closer towards them I get a better look at them and the man named Franky looks like a giant robot or should I say a cyborg?

-"Correct! Here's my number!" The man shows me his paper, yep I'm his partner.

-"Well that helps a lot, 'cause I'm your partner!" 

-"Really?! Well that's pretty SUPER!" There he goes again doing that weird pose while saying the word super. It's kind of funny to be honest.

-"Well my name is (Y/n), I heard that your name is Franky?" I extend my hand for a hand shake which he does shake it, but didn't shake my hand with his ginormous hand, oh no. This man has a smaller hand inside of his giant hand which he used to shake my hand. It was so weird.

-"Yes, my name is Franky, it's nice to meet you (Y/n)!"

-"Same goes for me. As we're both in a baking competition, do you have something in mind for baking today?" 

-"I'm not too sure what to make, how about you?"

-"No actually, I'm in the same boat. Do you have a favourite food?"

-"For me, my favourite foods are more savory than sweet as they are hamburger's, fries, and anything that goes with cola." 

-"That does make things a bit more difficult. How about a desert that has cola inside?"

-"That's sounds like a SUPER idea." There he goes again doing that silly pose. 

Suddenly, as if luck's on my side somehow, I remember bits and pieces of a cookie recipe that I someone I knew used to make, they we're delicious and they we're perfect to just mish mash random ingredients inside and they would come out almost perfect. Which is great for me!

-"Hey, I seem to remember a small portion of this cookie recipe and it's kind of known to be perfect to experiment with different ingredients with. What do you think?"

-"So you're saying that we can try and experiment by adding cola inside?"

-"Yep!"

-"Sounds SUPER!"

Now with our plan in mind we go and rush and get our ingredients as fast as we can, with me trying to remember everything and trying to figure things out how we're going to add cola inside and tasting okay. 

After a few minutes of trying to put pieces together, and keep in mind these pieces felt like a mish mash of multiple different puzzles shoved in a bin together an you're trying to make 3 different puzzles together at the time with out knowing it. We somehow get ingredients that we think that'll work together and not make the cookie inedible.

We quickly prep our station and try to make these cookies as fast as we can as we are a bit late with the timer. We preheat the oven and get two baking sheets ready just incase we get a larger batch. 

I get Franky to melt the chocolate chips and butter in the microwave for a minute and thirty minutes, which each thirty minutes he has to mix it and keep and eye on how it's melting. After that we mix in the sugar and cocoa powder until smooth, then we add in the eggs, vanilla extract and cola and we stir until it's fully combined. After mixing our wet ingredients we then slam-dunk our dry ingredients, which is flour, baking powder and salt. (Do not do this at home, you'll make a mess)

We then add our powdered sugar in a bowl and grab a scoop of our batter and roll it in the powdered sugar, once it's done getting powdered we put it in the baking sheet and we gently press it down.

We put the cookies in the oven for 12 minutes, which is perfect as we're in a time crunch. Once cookies done baking, we launch it out of the oven and let cool off for about 5 minutes.

While waiting it was nice talking to Franky and listening about his adventures while drinking some cola. Surprisingly he's a carpenter and he made his crew's ship! In all honesty this was a crazy experience and trying to rush some cookies was quite the experience. Will not lie, but it was quite a fun experience. 

When we gave the judges our cookies and told them that they had cola inside they we're skeptical of them at first but rolled with it and tried them. They we're surprised by them and did enjoy them, but did find somethings that they didn't quite enjoy. Still a win for me.

~~~~~

Okay, so I do have some explanation to do, as I haven't uploaded in a little while and I do have an explanation, one I had no idea that Christmas time for me would be so hectic and while trying to celebrate I got sick, we had to drive 13 hours to meet some family and it restricted me from writing at all. 

And now this month is exam month for me as it's the end of my first semester so uploading will take a little while. 

I do apologies for this extremely late upload. Thank you for your patience. 

-Rin