1. Annoyed

"Ma I'll be fine okay"

"Yeah I know but I'm just-" she cuts herself off

"Your just what?" I say. We share a smile before she continues.

"I'm just going to miss you NieNie" NieNie. The nickname everyone uses because of my middle name, Winnie.

"I'm going to miss you too ma"

"Well just act like I'm not here" I laugh as my stepdad stands in the doorframe awkwardly.

"I'm going to miss you too Tony" He walks over to us and I hug him. A few seconds later another pair of arms wrap around Tony and I

"You call us anytime for anything, ok?" He whispers into the hug.

I nod my head and squeeze them tighter.

My mom places one more kiss on my forehead before she leaves, closing the door behind her.
>>>>>>
I finish setting up my stuff until I hear the door open behind me. It was my best friend Rileigh. Long story short we met in the 8th grade and have been close ever since now we're both going to the same college.

"What took you so long? The fair is almost over."

"NieNie the fair is over at 6:30 and it's only 3:30"

"Really it feels later than 3".

At the fair, I signed up for a figure skating group and Rileigh signed up for ballet even though I pleaded for her to sign up with me.
>>>>>>
My alarm woke me up at 8:30 am. I put on my leggings, and hoodie, and slipped on my shoes. I placed my braids in a clip and let the rest hang down my back. I grabbed my tote bag and headed out the door.

"Good afternoon class, I'm Mr. Howard how are we doing today?"

The class responds with answers along the line of good, fine, and ok before it falls back quiet.

"That's good to hear, so I assume most of you don't know each other. Raise your hand please if you know anyone in this class." A few people raise their hands.

"Ok great because I have an ice breaker for you all," he continues "When I come around I'm going to give you a slip of paper that will have questions on it." he starts passing out the paper as he explains the rest. "I will pair you up with a random person and the both of you will have to go around campus to find the answers." he places a paper on my desk "once you put all the clues together you will report back to me for extra credit on your first assignment." He finishes handing out the papers.

I zone out waiting for him to name my partner. "Amira?" I pop my head up "Yes"

"Your partner is" he pauses for a while as he looks at his paper. "Mr. Scott" I look around for the person he named. "Go sit with your partner, please, and thank you".

I see him get up from his seat and walk over to my section. He places his stuff down and sits in the seat beside me. "Hi, I'm Amira!" He looks up at me, scanning my eyes before putting his head down. Great. A partner who doesn't participate.

The class ended, and I grabbed my bag and headed toward the exit. Footsteps followed behind me.

"Tell me when you figure out the puzzle, ok" I slightly tilt my head to look up at him.

"Did you not hear the instructions orrr"

"I did but I'm just trying to get this over with so I can get the extra credit...easy grade"

I stop walking. I know he's not talking to me.

"First, drop the attitude, and second I'm not doing this whole scavenger hunt alone...this is a group project" I add an emphasis on the word "group"

"I don't have time for this," he says while checking his phone.

"I'm sorry for wasting your time, I know you have more important places to be," I reply sarcastically.

"Actually yes I do, so meet me after class at my dorm" I scrunch up my nose.

"You want me to meet you like you're the only one who has things to do? No"

"I'll give you my number so we can talk about this later." Before I could respond he wrote his number on the back of my paper.

"I'll see you later Amira," he says while hurrying off. "Mhmhm " I roll my eyes.
>>>>>>
I was in the middle of watching my show when my phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Uh yeah meet me in an hour" it was the same annoying boy from my first class.

"Ok...send me your address"

"ok" the call ended and he sent the address.

A few hours went by and I headed to his dorm. On the elevator doors, it said: "out of order". Great. I walk up 4 flights of steps until I reached his floor. I knocked on his room door waiting for a response. The door swung open and a boy stood in the doorway shirtless.

"Umm, I'm looking for...Noah"

"Noah's not here right now," the boy says while eyeing me up and down.

"Can you tell him Amira stopped by please"

"Yeah I'll tell him beautiful"

"Thanks"

I rolled my eyes and headed to the stairs. This boy is starting to get on my nerves. I text him "where are you" he instantly replied "busy" I feel my eyes roll again.
>>>>>>
"Rileigh I love you but I don't wanna go to a party right now" she sits on the end of the bed as I continue scrolling on my phone.

"But whyyy? It's going to be fun and we can meet new people, and make new friends"

"I'll think about it"

"Really?"a smile forms on her lips, excited that I might be considering it.

"No" I laugh at her serious face.

"I'll buy you lunch for a week!" She says. I scoot to the edge of the bed, placing my phone on the desk.

"What time the party starts?" She laughs.