7. Sore

Rileigh and I decided to invite Dre and Noah over for a movie night. I hadn't seen Noah in 2 weeks and when I would text him to ask if he was ok he didn't respond. But that's how it was with him. We'd talk for weeks and then he would disappear and then he would come back again like nothing happened.

"Is Noah still coming?" I ask Dre.

"Yeah I think so...he's still at his dad's right now though"

"Oh ok," I nod my head.

"We should watch something scary!" Rileigh suggests while scooting to the edge of the bed.

"Ouuu yes!" Dre agrees.

"Nope cause I am not staying awake with you once I get in bed scaredy cat," I say to Rileigh as she rolls her eyes at me.

"Well, first we need snacks, I'm not watching anything unless I have snacks." Rileigh gets up from the bed and grabs her keys.

"yes we need snacks but you're not driving," I take the keys out of her hand, "considering last time you almost crashed."

"It wasn't my fault!" she crosses her arms.

"The cars were parked so whose fault was it?" she huffs

"Exactly so I'm driving" I reply.

Dre laughs while heading out of the door following behind me.

We arrive at Walmart and before I can put the car in park Rileigh and Dre hop out of the car, racing towards the electric shopping carts. I laugh to myself and pull out my phone.

I text Noah: We're at Walmart getting snacks!! we'll probably be here for a while!!

He reads the message and sends an "ok". I place my phone back in my pocket and make sure I grab my wallet before catching up to Rileigh and Dre.

"Wait for me!" I yell at them as they fight over who should ride the cart which ends with Rileigh riding in the basket. I shake my head at them.

After 30 minutes of walking around holding the snacks with no help from the two idiots, I decided to grab a cart. I walk around for a while before I reach the chip aisle. I notice the flavor I want resting on the top shelf. I let out a huff before attempting to climb the shelves. I fail to reach the top and as I'm getting ready to leave the aisle I hear a familiar voice behind me.

"Need any help?"

I turn around and see Noah walking over to me.

"Hi" he says softly

"Hi stranger" I reply with my arms crossed "and no I dont need your help"

"Are you sure 'cause it didnt look like that to me?" he inches closer.

"If I wanted the chips I would have gotten them" I step back creating distance between us.

"Are you mad at me?" He asks. I turn away from him with an annoyed look on my face.

"Noah you can't keep doing that. At least tell me I won't hear from you for weeks. You leave me hang-" I turn and look up at his face and notice the bruises.

"Noah..."I say softly as I raise my hand to his cheek, "Are you okay?" his face softens and I look into his eyes, searching for answers. He removes my hand from his cheek and holds it gently.

"I'm sorry that I disappeared I just... had a lot going on and yes I'm OK. I won't leave you hanging anymore Amira, ok?" I couldn't even focus on what he was saying, my eyes shifted from the marks on his face to his eyes.

"Are you ok?" I ask again as if his answer will change from when I asked him 30 seconds ago.

"Amira im fine...ok? I promise I'm fine" he opens his arms "Come here," he says softly. I step closer to him and wrap my arms around his waist. he lets out a staggered groan before I let go. I look up at him a little confused.

"I thought you said you were fine?"

"I am...I'm just a little sore"

"from?"

"Practice?" he says in an unsure tone.

"You don't answer a question with a question Noah...but if you say you're fine then I believe you," I say lying. Of course, I was still worried about him but I can't force him to tell me anything if he's not ready.

"But I do need those chips" He laughs and nods before reaching up and grabbing the chips.

We finally reach Rileigh and Dre who have a cart full of stuff.

"I'm not buying all of that," I say sternly to both of them.

"Fine Mom!" Rileigh says sarcastically as she takes most of the stuff out of the cart. I notice Dre nod at Noah and he returns the nod before looking away.

We hurry to the self-checkout line and quickly ring up our items. I pull out my wallet but Noah stops me. "I got it," he says while reaching into his hoodie pocket.

"I have money, Noah"

"So do I" he quickly responds

"You dont have to pay I got it" I try to persuade him.

"I want to," He says with a smile

"Just let the boy pay Amira damn" Rileigh rolls her eyes playfully.

I let out a sigh "Fine you can pay" I move out of the way so he can pay.

Me and Noah carry the bags as Rileigh and Dre race to the car. "Movie time!" They both shout when they reach the car.

AN💕
———-

Lets just act like I haven't been inconsistent for months after promising multiple chapters...I hope yall enjoyed this longish chapter and lets hope I have the energy and brain power to write another chapter(jk I will definitely write another soon cause I miss writing about them) anyways make sure you Vote & Comment!!!💕💕💕