Oh Yeah, It's All Coming Together... Not!

Another chapter! Finally! Sorry for the holdup, I was going through the 'I want to read and watch, not write' phase. But I won't make excuses so, enjoy the chapter :) 

Since I want to get to the main plot, I'm skipping a couple of moments. This chapter doesn't mention the time gap so I'll tell you instead. Basically, Lily doesn't know about their alter ego's but she's suspicious of them since they're always so secretive without her. They know about her crush on Peter and fully support her. They still don't know about her dad and why she had to move.

Lily's POV:

I'll be honest, a week in and I'd say I'm pretty close friends with Matt and Wade. Obviously they still keep their secrets and I still haven't told them about my... family... situation but we agreed on game nights since we're the only people in the building.

Thankfully, we aren't akward people so it wasn't difficult for us to talk with each other. A knock at the door interrupted my thoughts.

I walk over avoiding the mess of my kitchen to get to the door and I open it, Wade and Matt gracing me with their presence.

"Hey guys!" I greet.

"Hey, Lily, we're going to an abandoned dump site, you wanna come with?" Wade asked (more like yelled but ok).

"Yeah, give me a minute to get ready." I replied, letting them in so they could sit on the couch.

"So, basically" Wade started, "we found this cool ship the other day, well, I say we but really it was just me, and I showed Matt and then he said that we should invite you today and here we are!" Wade finished.

I walked out in worked clothes (A/N: you know those clothes that you always work in, painting or lifting or something? Yeah, those), "Ready to go!" I said, trying to hide my excitement. I know my father would have never allowed me to do this.

Together, the three of us walk in a comfortable silence, only broken by Matt murmuring directions. Only later did I wonder how Matt knew the way from only being there one time.

We get to the abandoned dump site and immediately, I see the ship that Wade was talking about.

"Woah..." is the only thing that I manage to say. Granted, the ship is half buried under a bunch of trash but still, it looked like something from space.

"Let's go inside." I stated.

Both Wade and Matt looked at me like I was insane.

"Uh, that thing's from space, I don't think we should go inside." Wade cautioned.

"Come on! Anything in there is probably long dead or has already run away, and besides," I pick up a sharp object from the floor, probably from a car, "we can handle it. We live in Hell's Kitchen for fucks sake." I argue.

"Matt?.." Wade asked for, permission?

"I don't feel any vibrations coming from the spaceship, we should be fine. But just in case.. grab something sharp to stab with." Matt decided.

I did a small victory dance in my head and started walking towards the spaceship with both of the guys walking behind me.

After walking around the ship for 15 minutes and digging through some piles of trash, we finally found an entrance. Wade pushed me aside (to 'protect mek he said) and pushed open the jammed door.

Suddenly whispering, "How do you guys want to do this? Jump in and scream to make our presence known or quietly go in together and explore the place?" Wade asked.

"Together. Quietly." Matt stated behind me (making me jump but that's not the point).

We walk in together, still in our makeshift line - Wade, me, Matt - until Matt sighs and walks in front to Wade. And, I know I shouldn't have done this but, while they were talking, I used my disappearing skills (I gained from living with my father) and slipped away to go explore. Thankfully, they didn't notice me as I went through to another room. Looking around, I'm taking a guess that I'm in a storage room or something. But... if this is a storage room, I don't get why there are so many buttons and switches.

"Well, only one way to find out." I murmur to no one in particular.

I start by the switches (away from the big, probably red, button) and start flipping the switches. Again, something I shouldn't do but there's no way I'm letting my freedom go to waste. In my rush to flip all of the switches before Matt and Wade find me, my elbow knocks something over. The 'something' landed on my foot (yes, it was painful) so the crash was muffled.

I hiss, sure that my foot is going to bruise, and squat to look at the object that fell. The object (which I think is some sort of small generator or charger) is faintly glowing. Curiosity gets the best of me (plus I can take it to school to show Peter) and I sit down, picking apart the object to see where the glowing is coming from. It doesn't take long for me to get to the source of the glowing. The strange glowing seems to come from a purple stone or gem. I hear a commotion of yelling voices and, for some reason, put the stone in my pocket clutching it in my hand. The commotion was Wade, who bursts in through the door, and Matt who quietly follows behind him.

Seeing me, Wade explodes, "ARE YOU INSANE! WE THOUGHT YOU GOT KIDNAPPED. YOU COULD'VE BEEN HURT, YOU COULD HAVE DIED!"

Thankfully, Matt must've sensed that I was on the verge of crying because he interrupted with a firm voice, "But she didn't die and she didn't get hurt. Now, stop yelling or I'll knock you out."

Yelling. The yelling was too much. It was too much like my father. Too similar, too loud, too much. Something in me shut down and I don't feel confident or strong or decisive. I feel worthless, like a stain or a nuisance. That's all I am to the guys. A bother.

Quietly, I shuffle my feet in the direction of the door, hunch my back, trying to look smaller. And, as quietly as I walk, I mutter, "I'm sorry. This was a bad idea, let's go..."

Matt must've noticed my behaviour as he put a hand on my shoulder and whispered to me, "That was quite irresponsible, but I'm guessing you didn't get this kind of freedom at your last home, huh."

The only thing I can bring myself to do is nod my head and stuff my hands in my pockets. The cold stone that I haphazardly shoved before pressed against my knuckles and, desperate for some grounding, I grasp it. Not letting go of it the entire time we walk home. Not letting go even when Wade apologises. I forgive him but I still can't bring myself to talk. I noticed Wade looked down dejectedly, not looking up again until we got to the apartment complex.

"Uh, bye guys." I whispered.

Wade hesitated but spoke up, "We'll see you tomorrow for game night, right? Or..."

"Oh.. yeah, I'll be there.." I muttered.

I left to my apartment as quickly as I could, fully aware that Wade and Matt were watching me. When I close my door, I sigh in relief. My hand feels almost numb from how long I've been holding the glowing stone.

"That reminds me..." I murmur. I take out the stone and.. "What the shit..."