A Mutual Purpose

Mayor will be referred to as 'Chief'

You were caught off guard, that wasn't the reaction you'd expected. Last time you fraternized with the enemy was the reason you got in trouble in the first place.

Lady Bone Demon raised an eyebrow at your display of surprise. "Is there a problem?" She asked, curious and skeptical.

"No." You answered almost immediately, shutting your mouth.

Looking at the way her expression stayed unchanged, she obviously wasn't convinced — yet she doesn't press either. "Get yourself acquainted." She instead said, answering your unasked question "Try and gain the Monkie Kid and his companion's trust. You're going to need them if you want to acquire the secret ingredients.."

Oh, you give her a nod, shoulders dropping slightly, you aren't sure if it's relief that she's fine with this or disappointment that you thought something else. Well, you guessed that makes sense — Lady Bone Demon needs the secret ingredients; to create the Bone Mech, a tool that'll bring her closer to destiny. Unfortunately, some relics' whereabouts are unknown, you assume that's where you come in. Usually it's Chief that does this type of stuff, you took on underground missions, but his last interaction with the Monkie team made him look suspicious.

"And another thing, you reported before that they left the Trigram furnace in the Mortal Plane?" You responded with a nod, recalling how MK and his gang just took off the moment they got the antidote — leaving the Trigram furnace without thought. Lady Bone Demon hums, her stoic gaze lingers on you for a while before turning away. "Very well. Go and retrieve it, that man will be helping you."

You assumed that she was referring to Chief, so you said "...As you wish."

"You're dismissed." With that, you're off — sneakily making your way to the exit so as not to get caught and beelining for your apartment. Emerging to the surface, you find yourself in a dark alley, shadows concealing your presence. In the same alley, Chief leaned on the graffiti-covered wall, hands in his pockets as he waited for you. It doesn't take long for him to notice your presence.

His gaze moves to your direction, eyes squinting a tad as his signature grin widens. "Just the guy I was looking for." He said in a laid back manner, pushing himself forward to approach you. "Where to, buster?" You roll your eyes at the nickname, amusing him further.

"Y'know that island where Flower Fruit Mountain is? Yeah, that place." was answered nonchalantly, despite the fact that the island is a destination that's hard to reach. You remembered the flaming rocks and molten lava that surrounded the paradise — practically feeling the heat from where you stood. Having seen it firsthand, that place was no walk in the park.

"Alright!" Unless of course, you have someone like this guy.

Without needing to do anything but stare at the open space ahead, an oval portal materializes itself in front of you two, displaying a clear view of wildlife amongst nature as blue flames surround the edges, waving and lashing at the air. It was something he'd received from Lady Bone Demon since being under her influence, along with other more abilities like inhumane strength and such.

He's first to step forward, walking through before twisting his upper body back, eyes moving to you expectantly. Knowing what he wants, you casually follow after, shoes sinking into the plush grass and the air fresher than before. The portal behind you dissipates shortly after and is replaced with more nature. You waste no time surveying your surroundings, and it doesn't take long for you to realize; "You brought us to the wrong place." You pointed out, turning to him with a deadpan expression. Well, this is the island for sure — besides all the forestry, you could see the familiar structure of Flower Fruit Mountain you've seen in textbooks from a distance. You can only assume that you're at one of the surrounding peaks which is by no means near where the Trigram furnace is.