Chapter two

"It is quiet," Will said, and you nodded.

"Almost too quiet," you agreed as you intuitively took a small step closer to Nico. The dinner bell had rung a few minutes prior, and normally you would at least hear the ruckus from the dining pavilion from where you were standing. You slowly started getting closer to the dining hall, taking deep breaths to calm your heart. What if somehow the ghosts summoned more of themselves? What if the entire camp was doomed? What if-

"Oh, you guys late too?" a raspy voice sounded from behind you. Your heart leaped out of your chest as you turned towards the voice, Nico and Will doing the same at your sides. Adrenaline was running through you as your breath quickened, only to see Clovis standing there. "Wow, you three sure are jumpy, something up?" Clovis tiredly asked. "Hey, Clovis," Nico sounded a lot calmer than how you felt as you faced the son of Hypnos, "Surprised to see you awake." your boyfriend noted as Clovis shrugged. "Dinner bell rang me awake for once," he yawned, although it seemed a bit forced, "Let's go,"

───────────

You didn't fucking trust this. It was not as if you wouldn't trust Clovis and arguably it could just be your mind playing tricks on you, but he seemed off somehow. But when you tried to pinpoint where this feeling was coming from, it was as if your brain hit a wall.

You were getting closer and closer to the dining pavilion, and somehow you started to feel tired. You tried to look Will in the eye, but you only managed to catch him suppressing a yawn. It made sense that you were tired, maybe the adrenaline started to wear off and the last proper meal you had was lunch. You stumbled in your step, but caught yourself before you fell.

Suddenly Nico's hand was on your arm, his eyes holding a warning. He nodded towards Clovis and your eyes widened. As you kept walking, Will in front of you, it dawned on you; Clovis was possessed. Did he not notice? Or was he trying to lure you into a trap...? You quietly contemplate the possibilities as you approach the dining hall. As soon as it was in sight, you knew why it was so silent.

Everyone there was asleep. "Thank you for your cooperation, it makes it a lot less taxing for me if everyone is together." Clovis turned around, an evil smile stretching over his face. A wave of tiredness washed over you, only Nico's squeeze on your arm pulling you out of it. Next to you, you noticed Will fall to the floor. Before you could yell out your boyfriend's name though, Nico had already started removing the ghost from Clovis. You quickly reached into your pocket, grabbing a crystal. This time you were ready- this time-

You looked up at the ghost and froze- the feeling was back, worse than before. The coldness- darkness that it possessed almost removed you from your senses. Could you even stop this? Did they not deserve a warm body to hold? To possess?

"(Y/n)!" you heard Nico yell, bringing you back to your mind. Quickly you thrust the crystal forward, the ghost getting sucked in. "Sigilium," you muttered, a faint glow now coming from the crystal. Clovis fell on the floor before you, curling into himself as if he were sleeping.

Quickly, you turned and made your way to Will, who was only a few steps away, already waking up. You joined Nico, helping Will sit up. "Are you tired?" Nico asked Will, who slowly shook his head. "I was moments ago, not anymore though." Will noticed Clovis on the floor, "He was possessed?" Nico nodded as you made Will look at you. "Mm, your eyes seem fine, you did fall on your head though, no headache?" you asked and Will laughed, adoration in his eyes. "I am doing good, Doctor (Y/n), no worries." His eyes shifted, "Although, if you are offering to kiss my pain away," a teasing smile formed on his face. You quickly pressed a kiss on his forehead, and as you parted you saw the blush on his face. "There you go, careful from now on, Patient Will," Will found the smile on your face just adorable as he lovestruckingly nodded. Nico coughed in the background and you looked up.

You helped Will off the ground as you looked over the dining pavilion. "They are all still sleeping, Clovis's sleep magic will probably wear off sometime though," Nico explained, "Although, we can use this to find the remaining ghosts." Will nodded, "Because they would still be awake." Will hadn't yet let go of your hand.

"Where will we look next, then?" you asked. A loud explosion rang from the forges, "I suppose we should start there, huh." you answered your own question. You took a quick look at the Hephaestus table, noticing that Harley was missing. This seemed like it would be an easy one. Will and Nico followed your gaze.

"It could have been so much worse-" Will started but you immediately shut him off- "Do not jinx us, William." you glared and he bashfully smiled.

───────────

When you saw Harley- the possessed Harley - he seemed to be freaking out. Moving around relentlessly between the different forges. He was trying to ... destroy? everything. But his eight year old body did not have the best tools for this destruction, it seemed. Nico tried to quietly move forward, but the first floorboard he stepped on had other plans, creaking so loud it alerted 'Harley' to your position. He was wide eyed, and breathing loudly.

"Look- I know I possessed your friend but- you need to help me get rid of his work-" he put his hands forward, as to reassure you. "Last time I checked, we needed to get rid of you." Nico said, and Harley took a step back. The three of you stepped forward, blocking off the door. Harley's eyes quickly searched for another way out, and without hesitation he bolted for the window.

"Fuck!" Will yelled as the three of you ran out of the forges. Harley had already run quite a distance, but you had an advantage; longer legs. Within almost no time, you had caught up, and tackled him to the floor.

"No! Stop! Don't!" Harley was kicking and screaming as you held him in your arms, "You don't understand! You have to stop this kid!" He hits you against your jaw and you bite your tongue in pain.

"Why?" Will asked as he got out his crystal, Nico catching up to you behind him. "He is trying to create MONSTERS!" 'Harley' screamed, calming his movements as he noticed he was not getting out, "He was building some sort of mount- a- a mechanical two wheel! To fuse with his body!" Will looked as confused as you felt. "Like a motorcycle?" Will asked amused as 'Harley' feverently nodded. "I do not know that term, but I saw his drawings. He wants to become a mechanical centaur!" You stifle a laugh, "You have to let me stay! It's for the greater good of humanity! It's for the boy!" Nico shook his head. "Not gonna happen, ghost." He looked at you,with concern on his face, "You sure you wanna hold him while I get the ghost out? You know, after last time..." He trailed off and you nodded. "Someone has to hold him down, we can't have him running off again." Nico took a deep breath. "Alright, let's go." Nico's eyes focused on the constrained boy in your arms.

This time you welcomed the cold feeling as the ghost passed through you. You closed your eyes tightly, hoping that if you didn't see it, it couldn't harm you. Your breathing felt constrained, chest tight with fear. However, it quickly went away, the warmth of the setting sun replacing the cold of the ghost as Will caught it in his crystal. You slowly let go of Harley, carefully putting him on his side.

"Do you think we can leave him here?" You asked as you stood up. Will shook his head as he picked Harley up. "Let's get him back to his cabin, we don't want him to get attacked by monsters out here." You nodded as you followed Will. Nico stepped next to you and instinctively grabbed your hand. You looked at him, and he quickly pressed a kiss on your cheek."That's for not kissing me when you kissed Will," he whispered in your ear, leaving another kiss right underneath it.

"Hey! I want one too," Will pouted and you laughed, "From both of you," he smiled as your laugh got a little louder. "Okay, after we get Harley back." You agreed and Nico nodded. After a few more steps a thought occurred.

"Should we inform Nyssa about Harley's motaur plans?" you wondered out loud. "Motaur?" Nico asked, his eyes glinting with amusement, his face with hidden pain. "Yeah, motor, centaur, motaur!" You explained and Will groaned. "You know what, I no longer need a kiss from you (Y/n)." He said and you protested, "Hey! There is nothing weird about it!" Nico laughed next to you and shook his head.

"I love you both, so much." he simply said, effectively shutting both you and your boyfriend up. Three ghosts down, three more to go.