Chapter Four: Spinnies

Friday September 6th 1985

I sat in the music room, playing the acoustic guitar. It's been almost a month since I decided to give Eddie a shot at friendship. So far it's been great. I've been distancing myself this week though. My depression, anxiety, and PTSD has been real bad since Monday. I don't want Eddie to know that side of me.

Maybe if I sucked it up, and hung out with him anyway, it might help with my mental state. Eddie is the type of guy that can make a rainy day full of sunshine. He strives on making others happy. He doesn't even have to try.

After testing the guitar, I decided to do a small test run of the song I've been working on this week.

*Eddie's POV*

I heard someone tinkering with a guitar in the music room as I passed it on my way to Hellfire. I stopped outside the door when whomever it was started playing.

"And she lives inside of her head
Thoughts are stuck on loop while she's lying in bed
And she had to learn to forgive
'Cause she's been through some things that are hard to forget

She just wanna be left in her room alone
The noise gets too loud when she's the only one home
And she just wanna let go, she just wanna let go"

The voice sounded so beautiful. My heart broke for them, I had to know who it was. I peeked through the window on the door, and saw Scarlett putting the guitar away. I moved away from the door, and quickly walked to the Hellfire club.

My heart broke, because I truly felt the words. I wish I could hear the rest. I wondered why she's been distant. I guess it's probably because her depression is here. I understand. Shit, Gareth, Jeff, and Tripp all know how bad I can get when good old depression bus comes to town.

I tried to set up for Hellfire, but I was distracted with trying to figure out how to make her feel better. No one should have to hurt the way depression consumes you, especially not her.

We've gotten pretty close the past three weeks, and five days. She hasn't fully opened up, and I get that. Neither have I. We've both been through enough to know to keep a wall up. She makes me want to tear it down, and let her in though.

Her smile can brighten the deep woods on a winter night. Her eyes shine as bright as the stars. Her laugh, God her laugh could cure anything. Not to mention she has amazing taste in music. Great sense of humor, and a smart ass attitude. I have completely fallen for her. How couldn't I?

"Hey.."
My heart skipped. I know that sweet voice. I turned around to see Scarlett. I couldn't help, but smile ear to ear.

*Scarlett's POV*

I put the guitar away, then pulled out my music journal. I read over the song one last time. I closed my journal, and went to put it in my bag when a note that Eddie, and I passed in class fell out.