𝟏𝟎 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐀 𝐋𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐑𝐢𝐬𝐤?

A/N 

Hello lovies, back again with another chapter. I really hope you all enjoy this! Remember to leave your thoughts and feedback -- I love seeing what you guys are saying. 

Hope you're all staying safe and healthy. Love you all. 

Carys x

*TRIGGER WARNING: Mentions of self-harm*

~

~ what's life without a little risk? ~

"Oh my God, you answered. Please don't scare me like that," I said, clenching the phone in my hand.

"I wasn't dead," Molly laughed on the other end.

"I don't care if you're dead, I care about the phone bill and how much it'll cost Reid," I smirked.

"You're such a bitch."

"Isn't that the truth," I smiled.

"It is, which is why I said it in the first place."

I gasped, a faux offended noise coming from my throat. "My friend..." I broke with a giggle. "Fuck, you have no idea how much I've missed talking to you."

"I've missed you too, chick. There's been nothing going on over here—I'm bored," Molly whimpered down the phone, which made me chuckle weakly into the broken silence over the line. "So... Aren't you going to tell me what's going on?"

"What do you mean?" I lifted my head up and rested the side of my body against the wall, watching across the room in amusement as Roger busied himself with making lunch with his clumsy drummer hands.

"What do you mean what do I mean?" Molly laughed. "You've been at a farm with your ex-boyfriend for like a week and you have nothing juicy to tell me?"

"It's not like that, Mol', it's actually been very difficult at times. The first few days were hard, but I think it's getting better—well," I cut myself off, huffing out and running a hand through my hair. "I thought it was getting better, but I had to leave the room before we really had it out the other day."

"Maria," Molly sighed.

"I know, I know... I know I promised that I wouldn't let things get on top of me, but it's just so hard sometimes."

I knew I sounded defeated. If it were anybody else on the other end of the phone, I would have hidden the defeat and put on an act. But this was the only chance I really had whilst at the farm to relax with my emotions and be fully open.

Not that I didn't trust any of the boys. Freddie and I were spiritually inseparable, but I also knew he was much more sensible than I was in times of crises; I knew he would either conspire with Roger and Deacy, or he would tell Brian about my worries. I wasn't at that point yet. I was still trying to repress those lingering thoughts at the back of my head. Thoughts I just wasn't ready to admit I had.

But I could tell Molly. Because she didn't know the boys well enough. She didn't talk to them. I didn't need to put on that act for her.

"So, what actually happened that made you leave the room? It's not like you to back down from a confrontation," Molly chuckled down the phone, her tinny tone comforting me through living in an unfamiliar environment.

I chuckled, turning my body so I had my back rested upon the wall. "He's acting like he never did what he did..." I rolled my eyes.

"Seriously? What a prick..."