𝟑𝟐 𝐖𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠

A/N 

Yeah, another update. I'm on a roll. 

As always, PLEASE consider purchasing PLG on Amazon! And make sure to check out all the links in my bio. 

This chapter is a small breather. For now. 

As always, please let me know what you all think, I LOVE reading your comments and reactions! 

Hope you're all safe and well! 

C. Bijou x

////

~ wishful thinking ~

Brian

As the morning light gently filtered through the curtains, I stirred from my slumber in the Taunton hotel room. With a soft groan, I shifted onto my side, seeking comfort in the pillows that cradled my head. The distant sounds of passing vehicles and the occasional car horn intruded upon my half-awake state, momentarily pulling me from my drowsiness.

In this in-between realm of consciousness, memories of the previous night flooded my mind. The release party had been a whirlwind of excitement and anticipation for the unknown future of Queen. And amidst it all, I spotted Maria's presence from afar, seeing how it shone so brightly, illuminating the room like a beacon.

Yet, the boisterous revelry had kept us apart for most of the night, and the more I thought about the previous night, the more I wished that I had more time with her than just our fleeting agreement to speak with each other later that day. There were moments I caught glimpses of her across the dancefloor, her laughter infectious and her eyes sparkling with delight as her dark, long hair cascaded down the back of the leather jacket she donned so perfectly. But the crowd had swallowed her up taking her on a journey of her own.

As I closed my eyes once more, I couldn't help but wish for more time with her. I knew that the bond we shared was unique, and the unresolved tension between us had made me yearn for a moment alone, to finally have that much-needed conversation.

Noise from the hallway persisted, and I decided it was time to fully awaken from my alcohol-induced slumber. Slowly, I sat up, feeling a slight wave of dizziness wash over me. My feet found their way to the fluffy carpet below me, and I took a deep breath, attempting to steady myself.

The room seemed to sway slightly as I made my way to the window. Pulling back the heavy curtains, I welcomed the soft morning light that spilled into the room, casting a warm glow over everything. The city below was coming to life, with people bustling about. But my thoughts were still drawn to Maria and the conversation we had agreed to have today. The weight of it pressed upon my mind, and I knew it was a crucial opportunity to set the record straight regarding my feelings towards her, and finally tell her that Chrissie and I were no longer seeing each other. That's all I wanted. To make Maria feel worthy of being wanted. And if I was lucky, I'd get another chance with her. We could give it another go—but who knows? That may have just been wishful thinking.

I trudged wearily to the bathroom, my reflection in the mirror revealing a dishevelled appearance. My hair was even more unruly than usual. A dull ache throbbed up the side of my neck, a reminder of my habit of sleeping in awkward positions, a trait I had carried since childhood and exacerbated by my lanky frame.