Destination : Camp 49

Four years later...

Major Park Chanyeol hurriedly takes his army cap from the table to attend the ceremony of his father's retirement. After serving loyally for almost 36 years, his father is going to take retirement from his loved profession.

Not long after the divorce of Chanyeol with Baekhyun, Chanyeol joined the military on his own will, telling his family to stop looking for any bride with military profession for him.

It was not much hard for Chanyeol,as he had better academic results in medical sciences with postgraduate degrees and better fitness and the family background of the profession also helped him to overcome the battle of joining the military.

Once he hated the job of the military from the core, but with time he has started to like this. The discipline of military life, short cut hairstyles, sometimes life in soldiers' barrack, sometimes away from home in short courses everything seems more reasonable to Chanyeol now than before.

____________

Mr Park calls Chanyeol suddenly in the middle of the party that has been thrown by the high ranking officers in honour of his father.

"General Lee, that's my son, Major Park Chanyeol. He is in the medical core now," Mr Park introduces Chanyeol by keeping a hand on Chanyeol's shoulder. Chanyeol just nods by bowing towards the old general.

"Is this the young man you talked about? He is going to have his degree soon to be promoted to Lieutenant Colonel, isn't he?"

"It's actually after the result. I am hoping to get promoted next year..." Chanyeol tries to correct the elders' expectations for him.

"Would you like to meet the younger daughter from Lee family? She is studying classical music at Pyeongchang University. She was featured in Seoul Times magazine recently..." General Lee keeps talking which makes Chanyeol to understand that it's nothing but a blind date trap.

______________

"How was the girl, Chanyeol?" Mrs Park asks.

" Good... But not so with a pretty personality I think... She lacks attitude in a few spheres...," Chanyeol says while taking some soup from his bowl," And the thing I don't like a bit is she sits bending his backbones. Her posture is not so straight."

"Was this not your complaint about military personnels that their backbone is way too straight like robotics? That's why we are looking for a non-military bride now," Mrs Park sighs.

"And I don't like ladies with such figures," Chanyeol pretends not to hear his mother's complaints.

Mrs Park leaves a long sigh remembering the things Baekhyun said to him about her son. Since when Chanyeol started to lose interest in women with big boobs and butt?

"Is this not the soup from field ration? Does it taste different? The colour is not pleasant too," Chanyeol says, taking just one spoon and digs in the soup with a spoon to check the quality. This is one of the customized food commodities that is only supplied as military ration. It is not available in any department store.

"No... Out of your favourite ration. Pick some on the start of next month," Mrs Park says in a monotonous voice and continues," Your father and I wanted you to get married before going to the mission. It's such a long time that you will feel lonely sometimes. I think marriage at such time would be better."

" Let's keep the thing of marriage after the mission at least. I am pissed off by that marriage idea, even without marriage people can live in the world happily...," Chanyeol says while still digging in his soup without aim to eat it.