Iranian Rose

"Major Byun Baekhyun… Second in command in camp 49 of Nkosazania…"

The stern voice of Baekhyun keeps ringing in Chanyeol's ear. Although Baekhyun and Chanyeol have not shown any sign of knowing each other publicly. But a conversation is obviously waiting for both of them. Chanyeol even feels annoyed.

"It was great to have a warm shower," Major Kim Jongin says while ruffling his hair. 

"It's not our permanent posting, is it?" Chanyeol asks, thinking under Baekhyun's command his life can be hell here. What if Baekhyun decides to take revenge on him on this occasion. He was waiting on the gate of dormitory for Jongin to have a after evening walk in the camp. The darkness of night has already fallen on the camp 49 of Nkosazania.

"For me I can be replaced anywhere anytime depending on command. There's more camps near Nkosazania. But for officers of medical core, their posting is mostly steady. There's exceptions too, such as emergency situations like current timing," Jongin says while stepping outside of their dormitory.

" The officer in command is not interested in having new officers in his camp. So we are not welcomed here I think."

"Medical camp differs based on several camps. These countries' diseases are mostly unknown, I heard. In the middle of jungles, handling unknown diseases with less facilities is obviously a hard thing that I heard from my other military doctor friend. Be aware of AIDS," Kim Jongin laughs.

"I know…," Chanyeol doesn't laugh,but looks at the mud made huts arranged in a quadrangle pattern inside a quadrangle. Somewhere there are few tents set up for temporary purposes.

Chanyeol glimpses over the office room, where light is still on. And an officer can be seen who is working inside . The window is big enough to get a view of the office. It's a common meeting room for all officers. Everyone is allowed here based on needs. The officer inside is working on something over the table. Watching over the capless head, Chanyeol can say it's Baekhyun.

"Major Byun… That is," Jongin says, who is also glimpsing over the office room.

"Eyes of eagle," Chanyeol feels annoyed at Jongin's cringey behaviour,but hides it.

"I heard about him before,but have met him first in this camp. He is a strict one, but he is too strategic and responsible and doesn't push his duties over others. And…." Jongin says while passing the office.

"And?" Chanyeol asks, impatient to hear more.

" Iranian Rose… One of my mates said he had a code name for a mission. None knew who named him Iranian Rose… His code name can be changed now,but he is still Iranian Rose to many seniors,even near juniors,"

"That's racism. None should be named based on beauty,that taunting others," Chanyeol says in turn of conversation.

" Yes… That's why his code name changed into something ugly I heard. Like 'Ugly Duckling' or something like that… All of these can be rumours too…" 

"How long are you going to walk?" Chanyeol asks.

"There's a soldier friend in Barack… Thinking to find him out …"

"I need to talk with Major Byun to get my roadmap for tomorrow," Chanyeol turns back.

               ___________________

A man in uniform is sitting over the table while looking at a map plan with a marker on hand. 

"Baekhyun?" Chanyeol says while thinking to and fro.

The officer looks back revealing it's not Baekhyun. Chanyeol feels like slapping himself looking at the shoulder and shoe of the officer. Someone in Lieutenant Colonel rank.