all i need

Once the drive was over and done with, you silently stepped out of the car and a cool breeze hit you, making you shiver.

It felt like a dream, so surreal it almost had you pinching yourself. You knew the sun will rise soon, you could tell by the slight shift in the night sky although the sun wasn't visible yet.

The area the two of you went to was secluded, either way, there's no chance someone will see you so it didn't worry you.

Especially once you take your heels off and dip your toes in the sand, hearing the waves crashing down on the shore- you're convinced you have forgotten every worry you ever had.

" It's colder than last time " Sanzu breaks the silence with a small murmur and your head snaps to look at him, pink hair getting blown out of his face by the wind.

You froze for a moment as the two of you came to a stop at that same spot and it was such a strange feeling of hurt.

Your chest felt tight almost - a bittersweet memory flooding your thoughts of the last high you ever experienced before getting sober.

When Sanzu saw you weren't saying much, he didn't want to try and dig too deep. He already knew anyway, he always does.

Your name fell from his lips and he carefully made his way behind you, wrapping his arms around you with his chin placed on your shoulder while the two of you watched the calm water.

" It's different now - it feels different " You finally speak and he hums.

" It's the same - we're just different now "

" Has it already been a year ? Jesus..." You giggle, tilting your head so it falls on his and he quietly confirms.

" Next thing you know, we'll both be old and boring " 

" Talk for yourself, i'll never be boring " You shake his hands off you and offensively push them into his chest as you turn around, earning a small chuckle from him.

" Oh yeah ? It's too bad you already are " He provokes you and you smile, reaching down to unwrap the jacket that was around his hips before throwing it down on the sand.

" Boring , huh ? Well..." You start, nearing his body making him raise an eyebrow.  " ...at least i wasn't watching porn with my door cracked, perv "

He parts his lips, curiously looking at you through his blue eyes as the sun starts to rise in the background. What a way to bring it up.

" Oh boo-hoo, you enjoyed the show "

You place your hands on your hips, a slightly shy smile creeping on your face trying to come up with a comeback good enough to hurt that massive ego of his.

" I wouldn't say it was much of a show... considering you're not even that big - Sanzu !  " 

That sentence never made it to the end as it turned into a squeal mixed with laughter, your arms wrapping instinctively around his neck as he snatched you off the ground bridal style.

It was different.

No, he was right - it just felt different.

Now the two of you were fully sober, the sun was rising and there was a level of - dare you say - trust shared between you and him.

You knew him now.

Everything about him, how he'd protect you if it's the last reckless thing he'd do. There was no need to struggle , scream, or hold onto him tight in fear because you were no longer scared of anything.