dangerously yours

"60,70..." Sanzu runs his fingers over the paper bills, sitting down on the edge of the leather sofa.

Your towel-covered body stands in front of his shirtless figure, ignoring his mumbling as you do your best to gently clean the cut on his shoulder.

" Fuck - enough " His shoulder jerks and you roll your eyes as he glares at you.

" Just stay still, I'm almost done " You throw the cloth down on the table behind you, grabbing a hold of the bandages.

" You're lucky the bullet just about grazed it " A sigh leaves you as you start wrapping the bandage around the area.

Sanzu lets out a deep sigh, finally giving up on counting and throwing the cash back into the duffle bag.

" The one on your face might leave a scar " He looks up at you, moving you to sit on his lap. You shake your head with a laugh.

" Better than a bullet to the head " You sit on his left thigh, continuing to wrap the bandage around his upper arm before tying it off.

" I assume you're still mad at me? " He places a hand on your lower back on top of the towel, and you stand up with a deep sigh.

" I knew you'd pull it off, it was just...humiliating, in a sense " Your body moves to take a seat on the sofa next to Sanzu, unravelling the towel before quickly sliding on one of Sanzu's T-shirts.

" I would never want to truly admit it, but Hanma's fixation on me creeps me the fuck out "

Sanzu extends his arm silently to grab his cigarettes before laying back, letting you lay down and place your head in his lap.

" I know how much you trust me, you know I'd never let him touch you as long as I'm alive - I gained that trust with time " He brings a lighter to the cigarette, blowing out the smoke.

" But you make it hard for me to trust you, it feels like I barely know you... After all this time, seems like I'm still only at surface level " He keeps his eyes zoned out in front of him as you quietly listen.

" While you can throw one glance at me and know everything, I have yet to understand what goes through that pretty head of yours - isn't that just so unfair? "

You feel blood rush to your cheeks as Sanzu looks down at you with a small smile while running a hand through your hair.

" Life's unfair " Your lips part sensing his hand ghosting over your lips, letting you take a puff.

" I don't really know jack shit about you either, don't make it sound so one-sided " You blow the smoke out, making Sanzu chuckle.

" The scars on my face, I told you that story 3 months after you joined " He pauses to place a strand of hair behind your ear,

" I told you about Mucho, about Toman, and my addictions " Sanzu scoffs in disbelief, almost realising how transparent he's been.

" I told you... about Senju - hell, I fucking cried in front of you "

Your chest starts aching hearing the tone of his voice breaking. " Sanzu-"

" Yet I just watched you protect a Black Dragon's executive, without having the slightest clue as to why- " He cuts you off,

" Why is it that only when it comes to you, there's this feeling in my chest-"

" You already said it yourself, didn't you? " You lift yourself, coming across as more aggressive than you intended.

" You fell in love, that's what you said - was it bullshit? " Your eyes meet his blue ones, watching his pupils dilate followed by complete silence.

A suffocating silence that seemed to anger you, for some odd reason.