01 ;; uneasy feeling

i don't know how college works and i'm not bothered to do research, bear with me.

the reader is gender-neutral, unlike last time.

  you're home alone today

  you're home alone today. your mom told you she'll be working out of town this weekend and your brother said he's staying over at his friend's house and won't be back until monday. today was friday.

looking up at the clock mounted on your wall, you sigh. 9 pm. you close your eyes, trying your best to go to sleep when the sound of your phone buzzing made you open your eyes again. lazily grabbing your phone, you squint your eyes as the bright light of your screen blinds you.

"eugh.." you grumble as you read the notification.

[Private Messages]

[You] and [Possible Serial Killer].

[Possible Serial Killer]:
u awake?
im like rlly bored

this person again. you gave in to the dumber side of your brain and you decided to humor this stranger.. they told you that you can call them 'b' and that's it. you assume that's the first letter of their name so you told them they could also call you by the first letter of your name. they said 'ok' and proceeds to only call you 'bro', 'dude', and 'man'. b told you that they use those for most if not all of their friends, including girls.

[You]:
I was about to go to sleep..

[Possible Serial Killer]:
hi
ok
so
just asking
what would you do if i actually do kill people
just asking
nothing serious

[You]:
I think I'll call the police

[Possible Serial Killer]:
right
good answer
anyways i'm hopping on hypixel
wanna go

[You]:
No..
I have classes tomorrow early in the morning
I better go to sleep

[Possible Serial Killer]:
:(
ok
gn

[You]:
Goodnight B

you yawn, turning off your phone and putting it on your bedside table as you plug in the charger. you close your eyes again, forcing sleep to overtake you as the sound of crickets outside drowns out any other sound.

——————

you yawn as you exit your campus. you didn't get a good sleep last night. you feel like you have a headache and some parts of your body feel sore. you probably slept wrong. it didn't matter though, you're going home after a long day.