CHAPTER FIFTEEN

"Avallone, wake up?" Maria said, shaking my gently. I groaned and open my eyes. Crap, I fell asleep on the floor during the movie! I scrambled up, and found that my limbs were stiff, and one of my legs felt like a dead weight.
I toppled over.
"Oh!" Maria cried, hoisting me onto the bed, and wiping her brow. I'm not that heavy, right? I looked around to find that it was still dark outside, I turned to the French girl standing in front of me, "Why did you wake me up if its still night time?
She sat down on the bed next to me and rubbed her neck. "You were having nightmares, and I couldn't bear the screaming." Her pale blue eyes stared into my own brown ones, and I felt sorry for her.
"I'm sorry Maria. Where's Natasha?" I asked, suddenly jumping up. My leg wasn't that bad anymore, and I was starting to gain feeling back in it, but I wish I hadn't.
"She went to get some coffee." Was all that Maria said about Nat's whereabouts. It was helpful, but not helpful at the same time. "Oh" I said, sitting back down and turning on the TV. I would not be getting anymore sleep tonight.
"In your sleep," Maria called from the kitchen, "You were screaming 'I hate you' over and over again." She walked into the bedroom with some croissants, and handed one to me, which I ate hungrily.
I searched my mind, trying to remember the dream. Oh yes, that's right. I was dreaming about the time dad came home drunk, and I decided to tell him how I felt about him, knowing full well that he wouldn't remember it in the morning.
"I dreamt about one of my ex boyfriends." I lied. I only had one ex boyfriend, and he didn't even really count as an ex. He killed himself while we were still dating, and I didn't hate him at all.
Maria nodded and silently ate her French food. Yum, I like how the French cook. I swallowed the last piece of my croissant and lay down on the bed.
"Who is the mysterious woman?" Maria asked, suddenly. I bolted up off the bed and ran into the bathroom. Crap, surely I didn't talk about her in my sleep right.

"Natasha's here." Maria called, knocking on the bathroom door. I'd been in there for about ten minutes. One can find a lot to do in the bathroom, if they knew where to look.
I walked out, consciously pulling down my sleeves. "Hey." I said when I reached Natasha. She smiled at me nervously. Maria obviously had told her what had happened, or she had heard it from me herself.
"How are you?" She asked handing me a cappuccino. I shrugged my shoulders. "How is a person generally after a nightmare?" I shot back, heatedly. I was mad.
She nodded and sat down on the bed. We all drank our coffees in silence, which suited me. But, I could see that Natasha and Maria found it uncomfortable.
"Are you guys going to go back to sleep when your finished your coffee's?" I asked, breaking the awkward silence that hung between us. "We all are." Natasha said, eyeing me.
I shook my head. "You know I won't be able to go back to sleep. I'll be in the kitchen all night, baking delicious goodies." Natasha cracked a smile and nodded. "Fine, but as long as we get to eat those goodies."
"Some." I replied, before walking into the kitchen and shutting the door. Sometimes, I wished that hotel rooms were sound proof, because I could here every word that was being said in the next room.
"I'm worried about her." Maria said in her French accent.
"I am too, but she'll be fine. Avallone's strong, you know that."
"Yes, you're right, I do, but that doesn't mean I can't worry about her."
Natasha didn't reply for a few seconds.
"Look, for the whole time I have known Avallone, she was fine. But, only when we came here, did she start to have nighmares."
I must have missed some of the dialogue.
"She screamed in her sleep almost every night when we were at the mansion."
I did? Oh, crap.
"I know, I heard it too."
"She walked around like there was something bothering her too." Maria said. I heard the bed creak, and I knew that they were about to go to sleep.
"There is something bothering her, Maria. But, she won't tell me. I've been trying to wheedle it out of her for a while."
You're kidding me. Why didn't they just approach me straight out about it?
"I wanted to talk to her about it, just face-to-face, but she wouldn't have liked that." Natasha said. I must have missed what Maria had said before that. Oh well. I got the gist of the conversation.
"Yes, me too. Well, I'm tiredm and we have a big day ahead of us. Goodnight."
"Goodnight."

I checked my phone, and found it was around five in the morning. Slipping out of the kitchen, I snuck past a sleeping Natasha and Maria, and through the door into the hallway.
I needed seome fresh air. Partly because the kitchen was stuffy with all different smells, and because I needed time to think.
What Natasha and Maria had said had been all true. I did have something bothering me, and it had been bothering me for a while. I didn't know how to get rid of it though, and it was slowly killing me inside.
I kicked a stone that was on the sidewalk and it skipped onto the street. A passing car ran over it, and I turned away.
"I just want to forget all the hard stuff, my memories, and all the mistakes I've made." I whispered to myself as I sat down on a bench in the middle of the pathway.
I could hear the birds chirping and there was a slight breeze.
A perfect way to start a new morning.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Wow, what a filler chapter that was. Sorry for it not having that much interesting stuff in, but now you know a little more about Avallone's past.
Maybe, I'll reveal more later, but we'll have to see.
Hope you are enjoying the sequel so far.
If you have any song suggestions for the soundtrack, I will happily take requests!
Thanks so much.
Love you all.
Forever Wandering.