Chapter 3

*the song in this chapter is in a world of my own from Alice in wonderland. Also introducing two ocs at the end who will show up again later*

Grim fell asleep rather quickly after they got back to Ramshackle. The events of the day had apparently worn him out.

She went back to the bathroom and unfurled her wings, bandaging the injuries there. She wouldn't sleep that night, she didn't need as much sleep as a human.

After she dressed her wings she looked around and found an old history book, which she started to read. Perhaps she could learn about the human realm through the many books at Night Raven.

Roughly an hour later, there was a knock at the door. Surprised that there was a visitor so late, she closed her book and moved towards the door wearily. Grim staggered out of the bedroom, rubbing his eyes, the knocking having woken him up.

"Wha...? Who's bangin' on the door in the middle of the night?" He complained as Celeste slowly opened the door.

On the other side was Ace, wearing a bitter expression. He was now sporting a heart-shaped collar.

"Ace? I was not expecting to see you again so soon." She blinked in surprise as he stormed past her into the dorm.

"I can't go back to Heartslabyul House. I'm joining your dorm. For good." Ace announced, spinning around to face her.

"Wha-?! Why in Wonderland would you want to do that?" She exclaimed, shocked. Only that morning he had been talking down to them and now he wanted to stay over. It was rather unexpected, to say the least.

"I'd recognize that collar anywhere. It's the same one that psycho stuck on me during orientation! What'd you do to get shackled with that?" Grim eyed the heart-shaped collar around Ace's neck.

"I ate a tart." Ace seethed, crossing his arms.

"You... Ate a tart?" Celeste echoed, confused as they all gathered in the dusty lounge.

"Yeah! That's all I did! I was a little hungry see, so I went down to the dorm kitchen and found some tarts in the fridge. Three whole tarts! I snagged a small slice. It was amazing! But then Housewarden Riddle showed up, saying I'd broken some bogus rule and slapped this collar on me! So... Here I am." Ace finished his story with an outraged look.

"While that is a bit extreme... You

did take something that wasn't your's Ace." Celeste pointed out after a slight pause.

"A BIT EXTREME?! It's completely insane to seal away someone's magic for eating ONE slice of tart! For a mage that's like having your arms and legs bound and shackled!" Ace raised his voice in outrage.

"I am well aware of the feeling." Celeste frowned and pointed to her golden shackles.

Ace's eyes went wide and he looked away briefly "O-oh yeah. I forgot about that. I never asked... How'd you get like that?"

"Ah, that's a bit complicated... But I broke a very important rule." Celeste spoke carefully not wishing to lie to him.

"Ya know you don't seem the type to go around breakin' rules." Grim narrowed his blue eyes at her skeptically.

"Oh but don't I?" She gave him a mischievous grin, to lighten the mood.

"Why do ya always get dodgy when someone asks about you?" Ace narrowed his eyes at her before letting out a sigh. "Anyway, there were three whole tarts! THREE! It's not like he could have eaten them himself!" Ace said after realizing she wasn't going to elaborate further.