JAY PARK ◃ ꜰʟᴏᴡᴇʀ ʙᴏʏ

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃❤︎,JAY

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
❤︎,
JAY

GENTLEMAN JAY + CUTE MOMENTS

'Dear Flower Boy, why are you so pretty? I have never met someone as pretty as you are. You probably think I'm crazy for telling you this, but I don't think I am. Do you see yourself as beautiful, pretty, and maybe even handsome? Hopefully you do because it would be a shame to know that the one person who has the most beautiful face hates it. But that's it for now. Maybe just maybe I'll finally work up the courage to tell you this. Hopefully, Sincerely Y/N.'

There you stood clad in your apron and casual attire. A white button-up shirt and black slacks. Just like you wore on any other day. No matter the weather. Whether it be cold, sunny, hot, or snow it didn't matter. But today it was pouring outside. Grey clouds filled the sky and sidewalks were wet with the tears that had fallen. But you still smiled at the customers just like you always did. You were so nice and pretty maybe that's why people liked you. But maybe it was something else.

It could possibly be the fact that since you were the owner's son that made people be nice to you. But it's not something I could believe. You were just nice that's all. You were even nice to me as you delivered me my regular warm cup of chamomile. But this day was different. You had actually spoken to me. Not once did I think you would do such a thing, but you did. And it was the least expected thing. 'It's always nice to see you.' Your words had me looking around, trying to find the person you could be talking to.

Only to grow flustered at the fact that you were talking to me. Surprisingly so that I had left before I could even say something in response. I had left too quickly to notice that I had left a certain object. The book I had been writing in before you had scrolled over. You hadn't noticed it until you went to go clean the table I was sitting at. The journal opened to the exact page I had finished writing in. Though being the gentleman that you were you simply closed the book without looking into it. but it still wouldn't help the uneasiness I would feel in the pit of my stomach knowing that you had seen the book.

The book wasn't meant for you to look at, or even know it existed. Even if you didn't look at it. It still had things about you. Flower Boy? Why do I embarrass myself for you? For months I have been coming to this flower shop ever since it opened, but it just made it better when you had started working there. The nicest and beautiful person that you are both physically and verbally. People liked you because you were you and that was the case for me too. For months, I spent writing in the journal, hoping to finally work up the courage to talk to you flower boy. All for it to all go down the drain just from one little interaction from you.

Why was I so stupid? I hope that you didn't read it. I would be embarrassed. And who knows if you would hate me or be disgusted by me. Maybe it was wrong for me to write about you in my journal without your consent. It's not like it was anything bad. Just me hoping one day I could work up the courage to talk to you. You were just so nice to everyone and maybe I was hoping that you could be nice to me like you were to everyone else you met. But who knew if that would happen now? Now that you know about the journal. Please, don't tell me, you told anyone about it. I couldn't afford to be the laughing stock of the flower shop. I couldn't be known as the quiet weird girl who writes fanfiction about the boy who works behind the counter. That couldn't be me. Please don't let that be me.

It had to be days since I last visited the flower shop. I was too embarrassed to show my face after the fact that I had ran away from you when you simply just talked to me and the fact that I left something of importance there with you. There with you to see and to read. It was raining just like it had been when I left unexpectedly that same day. The familiar smell of chamomile hit my nose. As it wafted to and fro throughout the entire flower shop. There was no greater smell from that. It brought a smile to my face. Only for the smile to slowly go away as I noticed no one was behind the counter. No, your mom, dad, or you. And now I just realized no one was in the flower shop, to begin with. It was empty unlike it was usually. No families drinking fun drinks and laughing at jokes, no people waiting for their bouquets, nothing but silence.

I turned on my heels to leave, upset that you weren't here or my journal. The bell overhead rang as I was about to step out into the humid and dreary weather. The sound of rushed footsteps stopped me before I could do so. 'I was wondering when you'd be back.' Your voice is soft as you spoke the same way you did that same day. I could feel the heat rush up my neck to the softness of my cheeks as I turned around to face you. I was glad you couldn't see the blush that heated the smooth skin of my cheeks. Thankful for the melanin God gifted to me. 'Here, I think you left this last time you were here.' You held out your hand to give me the one thing I hoped you didn't see. But you did.

I took the journal back smiling at you thankfully. At that moment, all the words I had been questioning had been pushed forward and spilled into the air. 'You didn't read it, did you?' I hope that you didn't. Because if you did I wouldn't have any way to explain myself to you. Waiting for your answer felt like a heavy weight on my heart. One that would crush my heart into a million pieces if you said the answer I hoped you wouldn't say. 'No. It wouldn't have been right for me to invade your privacy like that.' The moment you let those words come out of your mouth, was like time had gone still for a moment. Everything I hoped had come true right before my very own eyes and I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed by it.

"You are really nice, you know that. If it was anyone they would've read it regardless. Nice and pretty.' You smiled at those words as the blush settled across your cheeks. The sound of your chuckle filled the room. 'You know I've never heard anyone call me pretty before.' I looked surprisingly at you. You had to be kidding, right? Never ever in your life?! 'Well, you are. And don't forget I said nice too.' You chuckled again. I didn't know how much time had passed before it was closing time. You stared at the watch on your wrist before sighing. 'I guess time does fly when you're talking to someone nice.'

I smiled at you as you lead me to the entrance. "Hopefully this can become a regular occurrence, only if you're ok with it.' I nodded as you smiled at me. 'Can you wait here for a moment?' He left before I could say something. Only for him to return not a second later as the flower shop's lights were shut off and the door was locked behind him. 'It wouldn't be nice of me to let you walk alone on your own.' He smiled opening the umbrella and shielding us both from the rain that fell. We walked in silence. No awkwardness just peaceful silence. You waited until I was safely inside before walking home. Smiling the whole way home.

'Dear quiet girl, I hope you are safe and well. It was nice to speak to you and get to know you more. Hopefully, you tell more about that journal. Only if you want to but I do hope you are doing good. I didn't get to tell you. I think you are nice and pretty too. Let's meet again at the flower shop, soon. Sincerely, Flower Boy.'