Prologue

Dark clouds covered the sky of Camelot.

A crow can be seen perched on what remains of a horned cattle before flying away, leaving nothing but a feather behind. 

Merlina was running as fast as she could, hoping that she could escape from King Arthur's pursuit.

Suddenly, Arthur drew his sword, and swung it across the sky, leaving a cut with darkness flowing out of it.

Dark creatures began to emerge from the cut, blocking Merlina's path.

King Arthur had her surrounded, but she had an idea.

She then pierced her scepter into the ground, chanting her spell...

"Ifarais zaras yezaras...
Ifaris zaris yezarik...
O brave knight, swift as the wind!
Heed my call!"

Suddenly, a beam of light shot into the sky, and after the light subsided, a familiar blue hedgehog fell from the sky along side two chilidogs.

Sonic faceplanted into the ground, but then got up and dashed after the chilidogs before they landed.

He let out a sigh of relief, for he had succeeded catching both, but then he realized he was somewhere else.

"Hey... Where am I?"

That's when Merlina decided to approach him.

"Being from a distant world!" she began, "Forgive my abrupt summons!"

Sonic looked behind her to find shadowy armored creatures, and in front of him, King Arthur himself.

"Aha!" he exclaimed, finally realizing what's going on.

He stuffed one of his chilidogs into his mouth, and tossed the other in the air.

"Oh, I get it. No problem! I'm used to stuff like this!"

At that moment, he dashed through the swarm of enemies, creating a gust of wind which blew them away.

Merlina gasped at how quickly he defeated them.

That's when he caught the chilidog and twirled it in his hand as he glared at King Arthur.

They glared at each other for a bit.

Then, as Sonic began to dash at Arthur, Merlina grabbed him by the arm to stop him.

"No!" she exclaimed, "You musn't!"

Sonic was confused.

Why did she stop him?

That's when Merlina pulled him back and the wind began to blow.

Sonic lost grip of his chilidog, which he yelled out when he did.

The moment the smoke had cleared, they were gone.

~~~~~

King Arthur drew back his sword and galloped his horse to a rock, where his three knights waited for him.

These three knights, who resembled Knuckles, Shadow and Blaze, where named Gawain, Lancelot and Percival.

The knights bowed to their king as his horse whinnied.

"I shall give chase." King Arthur said to them, "Spread out and go after them. Slay them on sight."

The three knights nodded in affirmation.

"And if you shall find my queen, slay her as well." Arthur added.

He then road his horse back to his kingdom, leaving the three knights with their tasks.

Percival was the first to stand up.

"Let's go." she said.

"Must we?" began Gawain, "She is the Royal Wizard after all!"

"The King's orders are absolute, Gawain." Lancelot replied.

"Yes, but... the Queen-"

"Without loyalty to the King, we are nothing." stated Percival.

Gawain was silent after that.

That was also when Lancelot left.

The truth is, couldn't help but worry about the Queen as well.

He may have been King Arthur's right hand knight, but he still cared for his Queen, even if she was considered to be a traitor.

He shook his head to rid himself of those thoughts, then he disappeared into the forest.

"Still, the King..." said Percival, "He has changed. And this kingdom..."

She then left, which Gawain left as well.

The cawing of crows could be heard as they flew to the horizon.

This is the legend of Sonic and the Black Knight...