Forgotten Flower

DISCLAIMER:

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, occurrences, and incidents are all inventions of the author. Any connection to real people, living or deceased, or real events is entirely coincidental.

STOP PLAGIARISM! IT IS A CRIME.

-----

Hello mga junakis koo, so patawad at hindi ako makapag-update sa Alvareoz Series dahil super busy talaga. So ang story na 'to is galing sa activity ko from school, gusto ko lang i-share sa inyo kasi y not diba. Lovelots guyzz muwaahh<3

-----

Poppy was never the favorite child; she was never the favorite friend. She was never the favorite in anything. Sometimes she can't help but think that maybe she just existed like some other flower, just a decoration and nothing more.

Poppy was always behind her sister Amber when it came to achieving things. She never outshined her because she knows that even if she does, their parents won't appreciate it because, again, she was never the favorite.

But one day, Poppy finally found the confidence and she wanted to tell her parents about her achievement.

When she got home from school, she quickly told them that she was going to be a Valedictorian. She really thought that, for once, they'd be proud of her, but all she received was a nod. They don't care. It's as if she wasn't even there. Her broken heart was crushed once again.

Poppy hated the silence as much as she hated herself. She felt like they'd stabbed her in the heart a million times.

"I don't want this anymore..." she whispered.

Suddenly, their house started to look like a crime scene as Poppy's blood dropped to the floor. She stabbed herself using a scissor.

"POPPY!" her mother exclaimed.

Her parents quickly rushed to her with a shocked face. Poppy almost smiled as she was overwhelmed by her parents. It's been so long since she saw them worried about her.

Before Poppy passed out, she certainly heard her parents saying sorry to her. But it was all too late, as she was confirmed to be dead on arrival at the hospital.

Isn't it ironic that Poppy is a wildflower, and wildflowers tend to bloom in the middle of nowhere regardless of how complicated it is, but Poppy didn't? But perhaps she will in another life. May her next existence be filled with the beauty and joy of each day, like a wildflower sprouting freely and never withering away.

*****