Ch. 2: Birthday Weekend

A/N: As of the writing of this chapter, it's my dad's 60th birthday, which also falls on the Season Premiere of Raw and the 25th anniversary of D-Generation X! So, since I was already planning on having his birthday fall on the following Monday, which I honestly didn't know was going to actually happen XD, this part will be taking place the weekend before. So, without further ado, enjoy chapter 2.

The show had come to an end and Carlton went back to meet up with all his friends backstage. They complimented him on the amazing event and talked about their favorite stars and moments of the night before discussing where they wanted to hang out for their post show reunion. They agreed on a local Bar and Grill Carlton enjoyed before going their separate ways. Everyone went to their vehicles while Carl headed for his office to get Nicole. Before he could reach his office however, he was stopped by Mickie James again.

"Hey! Great show tonight, Dyna!"

"Why, thankyou! I'm glad you enjoyed it"

"I'm glad I could make it. Where you headed now?"

"I'm on my way to grab Nicole and head out with the others to catch up. Will you be joining us?"

Mickie's smile faded a little.

"Sadly, I need to turn in early tonight. Maybe next time though"

This gave Carlton an idea.

"How bout tomorrow?"

Mickie looked at him curiously.

"Tomorrow?"

"Me and some of the others are gonna go for a little bike ride tomorrow and I would appreciate it if I wasn't the only person there without a date, since everyone else will be bringing their wives along"

Mickie thought about it for a moment with a smirk displayed and a little glint in her eyes.

"Well, I do love a good bike ride, but I have a condition"

"Which is?" He curiously asked.

"You also come to the concert I'm having tomorrow night. You can bring the kids along if you want to"

Carlton didn't even need to think about it.

"It's a deal"

"See you tomorrow then" she smiled.

"I'll pick you up around noon. Make sure you got your ridin' boots on"

"I will. Goodnight, Carl"

"Goodnight, Miss James"

With that, the promoter returned to his previous task of returning to his office. Mickie kept watching him with that smile plastered until he was gone.

He returned to his office, made sure everything was set for closing and cleaning up, then helped Nicole get her things together and set off together to meet with the others. Upon arriving at the bar, the rest of the group was waiting and happy to see Nicole once again. Everyone got their food and drinks, shared a few stories and laughs, all enjoying their time together. Then, Triple H brought up something everyone had been waiting for.

"So, Big Mac, I heard your big 60th is actually this Monday on the Season Premiere of Raw?"

"Yes, sir, same night DX turns 25; and after 21,900 days, I will officially be an old dude" The group laughed at his joke. "I had a good run though"

"So did DX" Triple H earned more laughs, but it didn't stop there. "Honestly, I think everyone's going to feel old after Monday"

Some of the friends, along with the laughs, even raised their glasses from that.