IV

Tᴡᴏ ᴄᴀᴛs ᴀɴᴅ ᴀ Kɪɴɢ

Alhaitham watches closely as M/n, his brother and King Deshret spoke to each other about the daily lives of the people who made the sands their home

Alhaitham watches closely as M/n, his brother and King Deshret spoke to each other about the daily lives of the people who made the sands their home. He was in shock if anything, who or what could have possibly caused this memory to play before him?
'How is Greater lord Rukkhadevata? Well, I assume?'

'Yes, Sumeru City has changed over the years but nothing can compare to our home."

'As they say, there's no place like home...King Deshret, we both know you're playing nice because of us..' The twins frown knowing that it took much of the king's pride to deal with those on the other side of the wall but he managed to tolerate them enough.
'....I thought you two wouldn't notice but as if I could get anything past the two cat deities of our land. You two practically raised me when my parents passed to their everlasting slumber. So you two know me better than anyone...'
There was something so enduring to Alhaitham and given the course of history, it made his heart ache terribly.
'Brothers, I have something to tell you. There's been a-'Before King Deshret could continue his sentence, the memory abruptly ends and Alhaitham jumps from this, suddenly realizing that he was unconscious.

He scrambles from the sandy floor, searching around only to see he had somehow ended up back in the main hall before he got lost.
"Hey, lunatic- What's wrong with you?"

"N-nothing...I was just admiring the statues, that's all."

"...You didn't tamper with anything, right?"

"What could I possibly tamper with? I have not the slightest idea of anything to mess with. So untrusting of me..."Cyno snarls for a moment then turns his back to the taller man then heads off, but he soon calls over his shoulder instructing Alhaitham to follow after him.
M/n used to be so happy...At what point in time did that stop? Where does the Jackal come in?
Alhaitham wanted to ask questions but seeing as Cyno was already annoyed he kept to himself until the short male doubles back so fast that Alhaitham had no chance to prepare him when his arm was grabbed.
"How do you have this mark?!"

"Your guess is as good as mine, I didn't realize I had this."There was a strange symbol on Alhaitham's arm that he only noticed now because Cyno points it out.
"Who gave you level one clearance...Tsk whatever, Lord M/n made lunch that's why I came to get you but it took a while to find you."

⏳⏳⏳

"Lord M/n is it okay if I ask about King Deshret?"

"Uh, sure, what do you wish to know about my little brother- I mean the king."M/n cover his face with his sleeve after his small slip-up in addressing the King of the sands but Alhaitham already knew that M/n saw that king as his younger sibling.
"What happened?"

"It's a story everyone knows, Alhaitham."

"Indeed it is but there are parts that were left out."Cyno slams his hand on the table and glared at Alhaitham. He was already against Alhaitham being there but even more so with him asking sensitive questions.
"Alhaitham. You're crossing a line that shouldn't be. Mind yours for a chance–"

"It's fine, Cyno. I alongside my brother raised King Deshret, there's a story called the two cat and one king here in the Sands. The story tells a tale of two cat deities raising a young boy to be king when his time came. The story ends happily but in reality, it ended horribly. In the beginning, we assumed his curiosity was merely that. However, as he got older, his curiosity grew since we never hid anything from him. This leads to the exposure of forbidden knowledge and to the events that took place afterward."The area grew quiet for a moment until M/n sighs softly. He felt as if a weight had been lifted from his shoulders.

Cyno could see the tired look in his master's eyes lift just a bit but not enough for his liking.
"Thank you for sharing, Lord M/n."

"I should be thankful to you. Now let's eat everyone."