XVI

Pᴜʀʀɪɴɢ ᴄᴀᴛ ʟᴏʀᴅ

After the ordeal, life in the sand went on its way

After the ordeal, life in the sand went on its way. Alhaitham and Kaveh made their rounds much to a certain fussy male's liking but all was well. So much in fact that M/n began to do something he hadn't in many years.

As per schedule, Alhaitham came to visit and was surprised when the cat lord nearly tackled him to the floor of the house. The mad scholar let out a small laugh, ready to poke fun at the cat-kin but felt a pleasant rhythmic rumble against his chest.
"You're right on time! Come on, hurry!!"M/n, let's go and scurries off into the sitting room before Alhaitham could even question what was going on.

This leaves the man to chuckle and head into the sitting room to find M/n, Khalil, and a man with Blue hair sipping tea.
"Zandik, this is my dearest friend Alhaitham!"

"Wait...Zandik? As in the scholar was expelled from—"

"Yes. No need to remind me of my past, especially not in front of Lord M/n. It's nice to officially meet you. Khalil doesn't seem to fond of you but that won't carry to me."Zandik gives Alhaitham a curt smile before stuffing his face with a few pieces of Baklava before Khalil could. This sparkling an instant argument about the mad doctor eating all the sweets when he visits to which the man plays ignorant to what he did on purpose.
"They get along."

"Yep, Zandik popped up one day and Khalil just so happened to be around when he did."While the two argue( more like Khalil) M/n and Alhaitham sneak off to the nearby oasis to relax as they usually do.
"I wanted to comment on your purring before you rushed off, it was cute."

"Well, that goes to show how happy I am to see you!" Alhaitham felt pride in hearing this, for a while he was worried that M/n would only see his ancestor but was immediately proven wrong, feeling silly for jumping to conclusions yet that didn't shake that the man who loved M/n first was looming in the void, a shadow of who he shares blood with.
"How long has it been since you purred?"

".....Hmm, once when Zandik was a young boy then again when Cyno was younger. So you could say it happens far and few in between. I was surprised myself but I didn't think about it at the moment."M/n's tail cutely sways, not once did Alhaitham pick up on the little lie. M/n thought about it the moment it happened! He was also playing stupid to the clear affection Alhaitham had for him, assuming the man would finally get fed up with his 'obliviousness' and tell him outright however it's been a while! To which the Cat lord was becoming impatient.
"Say...Do you have a lover back in the forest? I often smell a fennec fox attached to your clothes. Are they handsome? Pretty? Marvelous?"This sudden question caused Alhaitham to nearly break his neck to look over at M/n.

He wasn't sure of how to respond or even handle the question! He wanted to outright deny that he had a lover but he didn't want to out his feelings just yet....
"I-I uhhh..."

"You should bring them around! I must know the person who has your adoration–"

"NO! I mean–No one has my adoration–I mean– Well someone does, I just...Ugh."Alhaitham throws himself back against the sad with a huff, why in hells did he stammer like a fool from such a simple question?! It was so unlike the male to ever get flustered over something like this.
"Well if someone does hold your heart, you should show them through your actions!"

"Through my actions, huh?"

"Yeah."Alhaitham quickly sits up, locking eyes with M/n. A bright passion sparkled in his eyes as his thoughts ran wild. He swallows before placing his hand onto M/n's cheek then leans in to kiss the cat lord. A kiss that M/n melts into, it was as if the world has slowed down around them as they share this tender kiss. Their lips molded together as if made for each other.

Alhaitham pulls back, face flushed red from his actions but even more so when seeing a beautiful smirk on M/n's face.
"Hahaha, Took you long enough~"

"Oh shut up..."This time M/n connects their lips with a sweet chuckle. A new couple forged under the beautiful moonlight.

 A new couple forged under the beautiful moonlight