Midnight

Dazai stood on the tall balcony, he was resting his left fist on his cheek and in between the fingers of his right hand was a cigarette. He looked up at the moon then looked down. He sighed and removed his hands from his current position and using both his elbows to support himself as he leaned back on the balcony. His head quickly turned to the left when he heard a familiar voice. "Dazai? What are you doing here, it's 12 am" said dazais roommate. Dazai softly smiled. "Sorry chuuya, I needed to smoke". Dazai flicked the cigarette previously between his fingers off the balcony. He took out another cigarette and looked at chuuya. "Want one?" He asked the Shorter man. "No thanks, you know I don't smoke" he said as he walked to the balcony and rested his arms crossed on the railing of the balcony. Dazai quickly followed chuuya and stood beside him. Dazai lit his cigarette and exhaled. "So what's up?" Chuuya asked as his eyes wandered to dazai. "Hm" dazai said, confused. Chuuya was now looking at dazai properly. "You only smoke if somethings wrong, so tell me, what's up". Chuuya said getting a bit closer to dazai. "You really know me too well" dazai chuckled. "We've been roommates for almost 4 years, I know your annoying habits. Like how you snore so loud at night I can hear you from my room" chuuya responded, a bit annoyed. Dazai laughed lightly and turned to chuuya. "Well chuuya, have you ever had a feeling that you're just not good enough, that you don't deserve to live?" He asked, looking directly at chuuya. "No?" He said, even more confused. "You seem confused chuuya. What I'm saying is I really don't want to be here that long. I feel as if Im no use for anyone in this world, that I'm useless, that I can't do anything. I'm just a suicidal manic with a weird personality. So why should the world ever need someone like me. It's like I'm just.....there, you know? And I know you and a few other people care about me but I don't want to keep going. I can't keep going." Chuuyas stern look has become softer. "I mean, ever since oda died I don't know why I'm still alive. When I found out he died it was like the world went dead silent. He was one of the only people who I feel genuinely cared about me. And now that he's gone....I'm not sure what to do." Chuuya gave dazai a sympathetic look. "Chuuya" dazai said while flicking his cigarette out of his hand. "I don't know what to do anymore chuuya, I don't know. I really need help. I swear one of these days I'll get so high to the point where I die" Dazai didn't notice the tears flowing from his eyes. "Dazai.....I'm sorry" was the only thing he could say. Chuuya wrapped his hands around chuuyas waist. "I promise dazai, I'll always be there for you" dazai stood there, wide eyed for a few moments before hugging chuuya. "Thank you chuuya"