Worst Nightmare Coming True

Warning:not edited.
...............
Lia's p.o.v

When I was little and my parents weren't away as much as they are now, they would take me to the park every other weekend for family gatherings.

It was like we were the idle family that everyone wanted.

But we weren't, not even close. We had our problems like everyone else did, but my parents did their best to hide them.

I always thought that I would be able to trust my parents not to lie or keep any secrets from me.

But they've been keeping one thing from me, my entire life.Im adopted.

I was upset at first,really upset with them, how could they have kept such a big secret from me.I was so mad, all I wanted to do was yell, so I did.

And I feel so incredibly guilty.

Because after I yelled at them, I hung up.Only to get a call hours later telling me, that my worst nightmare had come true.

.........................

4 hours earlier.

"What are you saying?" I inquired harshly at my two supposed parents.

"Sweetie, we didn't know how to tell you this but" my father hesitated for a moment " you're adopted " he finally muttered out.

My whole body froze as anger coursed through my veins.I know, it's not that big of a deal and I shouldn't be overreacting but, the fact that they kept such a big secret for seventeen years of my life, irritates the living hell out of me.

"How could you not tell me"I yelled through the phone, practically shaking from anger now.

"Lia,calm down.Its not that big of a deal" my mother calmly stated.

"Not that big of a deal my ass"I snarled as my mother gasped."language Lia"she shrieked.

"Whatever"i snarled hanging up and stepped outside sitting on the steps of the apartment, with my head in my hands.

I can't believe I'm adopted, hey wouldn't they tell me? They had seventeen years,but why? I felt ears trickle down my face.

"Lia?" The deep voice echoed. I lifted my head up "Rayden, what are you doing here?" He ignore my question and walked over sitting down next to me, taking my hand in his.

"What's wrong?" He asked with his voice full of concern. I shook my head, letting more tears fall. "hey-hey, it's okay come here"he said wrapping his arms protectively around me, I wrapped my arms around him and snuggled up against his chest.

"You don't have to tell me what's wrong,its just- are you okay?" He asked." I'm adopted Rayden, my parents never told me till today"

He took a deep breath"I'm adopted too, me and Daniel both are"i pulled away l"really?" He shook his head"I took it pretty hard to"he started"but I eventually got over it because nothing really changed, they loved us the same and that's all that matters,right?" He said smiling, I smiled back"right, thanks for helping me Rayden" I muttered leaning my head against his chest. "No problem, Lia"he uttered kissing the top of my head.

We both pulled away standing up"so um, this might be a bad time but do you wanna go on that date now?" He asked taking my hand and intertwining our fingers together."sure"I said smiling.
...............

"Twenty questions?"Rayden asked and I nodded.We were currently at a ice cream shop, I was having a vanilla cone with caramel drizzle while Rayden had chocolate cone with sprinkles.

"Okay, you go first" he said smiling. I thought for a moment"what you wanna do when you finish Highschool?" I asked him licking the caramel from the cone before it dripped."Well I really want to go to this college out of state ,NYU and become a police officer"he said shrugging while shoveling the rest of the cone into his mouth.

"Okay, what about you?"he asked smiling,i smiled back."I think I want to go to a community college and go into real estate" I said chewing a bit of the cone off.

"What do you want to so after that, you know after you've finished college and became a cop?" He looked like he was thinking for a moment"I think afterwards I was to settle down, you know get married, have kids"He said smiling."Me to"i said smiling. He was still smiling as he looked behind me and soon his smile fading into a scowl"look who's here" I looked back to see Wesley holding Julia ordering. Julia suddenly looked over and smiled wide before saying something to wesley making him turn around and look at us then putting Julia on the ground.

She ran over and stood in front of the table"Hi"she smiled waving. Rayden and I both looked at each other and smiled before turning back towards Julia"Hey" we both said in unison.

Wesley walked over holding a small vanilla cone and handing I to Julia." hey sweetie, you can sit down"wesley said"you don't mind, do you Lia?" He questioned, I was about to protest when he spook before I could"oh, of course you don't mind"

Julia slid in beside Rayden, while Wesley pushed me towards the window and sat next to me. Rayden looked towards me an I shrugged before giving him an apologetic smile. "where's Daniel?" Julia asked probably trying to escape the silence that was emerging between us.

"He's back at the house"Rayden answered smiling down at her. I looked beside me to see Wesley glaring daggers towards Rayden.

BING

I looked down at my phone and pressed accept placing the phone up towards my ear."Hello"i said.

"Hi I'm officer Reed,Is this Lia Dawson, daughter of River and Catherine Dawson?" Asked the unfamiliar voice.

i furrowed my eyebrows curiously"um, yes,why?"I asked.

The person on the other end, who was also officer Reed was quiet for a few moments before taking a deep breath."im sorry but you're parents were in a car accident, a really bad car accident. We got them to the hospital as soon as we could but, it wasn't enough. I'm sorry-" I didn't hear the rest of what he said before practically shoving Wesley out of the booth, I ran outside felling lost of breath before sitting on the curb outside the shop,letting the tears fall.

I was an asshole, how could I have yelled at them for that, it's not their fault.They were practically the only family I have left, and now they're gone.

I rested my head on my hands crying harder, not caring who saw at the moment.

I felt someone place there arm around my shoulder pulling my against their chest.

I opened my eyes expecting to see Rayden but a very concerned looking Wesley.

I shut my eyes and cried into his chest, as he stroked my hair gently humming soothing sounds.

"I know how much it hurts to lose someone, Lia.I really do"and with that he tightened his embrace on me stoking my hair gently as I cried harder.

..................

A/n: this isn't originally how I planned this chapter to go but I already had half of it done so I just decided to go with it, I know this was a sad chapter, I had a hard time writing it. but I hope you enjoyed!