six

>CHAPTER SIX: MORNING GLORY<

Leila Lannister cursed silently while wrapping a bandage around her husband's forearm

Leila Lannister cursed silently while wrapping a bandage around her husband's forearm. He found it wise to go hunting, not taking into consideration - his lack of expertise. "The next time you go hunting, bring someone that knows what they're doing." she scolded, finishing her job.

"Otto knows what he was doing, I was a little clumsy - that's all." he defended, attempting to move his arm but Leila held it in place. "He's the clever one of us both, anyways." Lancel finished, rising to his feet. Leila's eyes darkened.

"He's not clever, Lancel - you're just dumb." she insulted. A knock prevents their fight from escalating further. A handmaiden enters the room - bearing the Hand's sigil. The woman bows and stares at the man.

"The Hand calls for you, my lord." the woman informs.

The man takes a deep breath, reaching the top of the tower. Otto opens the door, making haste with his revelation. "There's something you need to know. Something that might elevate our power in court." the younger brother informs and Lancel's eyes brighten at the thought of being powerful.

"If it is about your plan in making your daughter Queen - I couldn't care less." Lancel rolls his eyes, quick to reach for the goblet of wine on top of the table.

"It is about your mortal enemy - Prince Daemon." Otto reveals, and his brother turns around in intrigue. He's been working for decades to get rid of Daemon - and now the lock to his vengeance, finally has a key. "What is it?" he was quick to ask, but Otto had a conspiracy of his own.

Otto takes a step forward, easily manipulating his older brother. "I will tell you under two conditions." he levied, filling his goblet with red wine. "Anything, if it means getting rid of him." Lancel rasped, clenching his cup tightly.

"You will help me in my efforts in making Alicent, Queen - and you will be the one to tell the King about his brother's misdemeanor." Otto dealt and his brother nodded his head. Lancel lifted his hand, "Go ahead."

"A few nights ago, my informants told me that Prince Daemon was in Flea-Bottom - attempting to bed his niece, Saera. When he failed to do so, he returned the Princess and went back to that rat-hole - where he made an ill-jest about Aemma and Prince Daegon." Otto informed, his lips were pressed into a thin line. It was a white lie. It was half-true and half-false.

Prince Daemon did attempt to bed his niece, but he didn't make that jest about his nephew. Viserys might not send Daemon away after his attempt with Saera, but the King will definitely exile him after the alleged joke.

Lancel bit back a smile. "What jest?" he questioned, planning to tell the King right away - the staircase be damned. "Heir for a day. He called Prince Daegon an heir for a day." Otto answered in a rehearsed tone. "But you didn't hear it from me." he lowered his head.