fourteen

>CHAPTER FOURTEEN : REFORMATION<

Daemon slams his hand loudly on his brother's desk - rage simmering inside his purple irises

Daemon slams his hand loudly on his brother's desk - rage simmering inside his purple irises. "Your city has fallen to greed and incompetence." he bemoaned - teeth bumping into each other with the last syllable. His brother takes a deep and cautious breath, thinking of ways to shoot down his accusations. "What is the meaning of this, brother?" the King asked.

"My men tell me that Ser Harwin is not properly executing his duties." he accused, still staring at his brother with a dragon's wrath. "You mean, he's not executing people." Viserys mocked, laughing at his humor.

"Well he's not saving people either." Daemon defended.

He wanted to kill the Commander of the 'Yellow Cloaks' for his irresponsibility. He's built the entire thing from scratch - and now all that's left of his legacy - turns tarnished. "The nobles are satisfied with his work." Viserys asserted, leaning on his chair with particular uneasiness.

"Nobles like Otto and Lancel." he snides.

"I'd be happy if you were commander, brother - but I am King. I cannot give positions just because I desire it."  Viserys reasons, and his brother's posture grows weak and without confidence. The only person who could hurt Daemon was Viserys - and he has done so countless times.

"Do I not deserve the position?" he insinuated, Viserys' eyes softened. "Of course you do." His brother was quick to comfort. " - but Harwin has only started his post, it would be rude to take it away." he chuckled nervously, thinking that Daemon would agree with him.

"You are dismissed, brother." Viserys dismissed, not waiting for his reply.

Saera's hair was a sacred thing - only few were allowed to touch it. Mysaria continues braiding her hair, careful to not strain or pull on her hair. "I heard something last night, my princess." she conveyed, placing a ruby clip on the silky locks. "What is it?" Saera raised her eyebrows.

"It is about your husband, my princess." Mysaria whispers.

"And?" she hums - finding herself caring about his well being. They've been married for a year, and it was normal at this point. " - and your sister." Mysaria gossiped, pausing for a while to create suspense.

"They're friends - Harwin told me." Saera shakes her head. He wouldn't, right? They had a promise that they'd never lay with another person - despite having romantic feelings for them. Saera has held her bargain, denying her uncle from sleeping with her, but has he?

"More than friends." Mysaria reports, finishing the braid with ease. "One of my worms told me that - they could be heard last night." She eases the information, not wanting to keep a single detail away from her lady and friend.