Episode 69 - Idol sama Shouldn't Shed Tears....

"So, what happened?"

"No, it's nothing......."

"That's a lie. Then why were you just standing there in daze?"

"Ugh......."

After I brought the pasta to my seat and started eating, Izumo san asked me why I was in a daze there.

As expected, I can't say that I've been dragging on the fact that I was dumped, and I don't know how to answer Izumo san, so I deceived her.

I couldn't bear the pressure so I looked away, and Izumo-san let out a sigh.

"I can guess what happened. You started acting strange when you got your haircut. Maybe something happened to him?"

Izumo san's spot-on......no, I was shocked at her answer.

Of course, she wouldn't have known about Kawabe kun. But when I was confronted with the truth, I held my tongue.

"Silence is the answer....huh."

Izumo san sighed again and scratched her hair awkwardly.

".....Well, what happened?"

"..........."

There is a moment of silence between us. The food court has become more lively in proportion to the silence.

Would it be easier to tell her? These thoughts are going around in my head. The embarrassment of telling someone about me being rejected and the feeling of wanting someone to listen to my complaints sway within me.

Perhaps she knows this, Izumo san remains silent and waits for me to start talking. At the sight of her, my thoughts begin to overflow from my mouth.

"You know, actually, ......"

"Eh?"

Izumo san rests her elbows on the table and leans forward with interest as I speak.

"I confessed ...... to the guy that i told you about the other day."

"Huh !?"

Izumo san looked surprised at my sudden confession. That's no wonder, but since I skipped over the context of what we talked about the other day, it can't be helped that she was surprised.

"What is it? By the looks of it, it doesn't look like it went well, does it?"

"......Was it that obvious?"

I gave a wry smile to her as she said straightforward words as if she could see right through what was going on.

"I'm not sure if it's easy to understand or not, but sometimes at school you looked like you were in a daze or having a hard time smiling......."

"Is....that so?"

I don't even know myself at school, the stares from others... and the shock of being heartbroken.

When I realized this, I was on the verge of tears. Izumo san, who saw that, looked at me with a serious expression and cut my words.

"......Why did you hold it in until you were about to cry?"

".....Eh?"

"Why didn't you tell me until today?"

"That's ......."

I was speechless at Izumo san's question.

If you asked why,...... I've been trying to be a perfect person as a member of the Reizei family until now, and I didn't have any friends to whom I could expose what's inside my heart.