Chapter Two

It’s been three days since Aiden came over to my place, he said he came to apologize for spending very little time with me at the company after lock down party, and promised to make it up to me. He also asked me out to our first date which I’m very excited about. I also got the opportunity to ask him about the bad reviews he got, but he couldn’t give any good reason, he only said he had a couple of rough moments and he had it under control.

I hope he actually gets it under control before things get out of hand.

I was almost done preparing for the date, I decided to scroll through my Instagram and what I saw was surprising, I saw pictures of Aiden with several people from the gym, mostly females . They all tagged him as well. It would have been OK but Aiden never spoke about going to gyms. For all the times we spoke for close to two months, he always opposed whenever I came up with the idea of both of us hitting the gym together. Maybe he doesn’t just want to go with me I suppose, but why ask me on a date tonight.

I went away from the mirror to sit on my bed, I was now feeling confused.
Does he like me or not, has he being lying to me also. Maybe I’d ask him all the questions I have tonight then.
I went back to the mirror to finish my preparation. He came over to pick me up with a hired limo, I was wowed.
We had our first date in a five star restaurant, candles and piano sound set the tone for the awesome night. I didn’t know Aiden had it in him, he sure knows how to plan a date night. The night was going so great I didn’t want to spoil the mood by asking the questions I had in mind. I’d save it for another day, tonight we’d have fun.
We went to see a movie after dinner, before he took me back home. He walked me back to my doorstep and I thought this was the perfect opportunity to ask him some of the questions I had in mind.

“Hum Aiden…”

“Did you enjoy my company today?”
He cuts me off.

“Sure I did, it was a wonderful night.”

“I’m glad you did.”

“I know I didn’t make a good first impression, and I’ve been getting few bad reviews but I wanted to use this night to show you I’ll fix and make everything better.”

“Starting with us,” he added.

As I was about to speak, he leaned over a kissed me on the lips, I wanted to move away but some part of me actually liked it. He smiled after and told me good night. I watched him go and smiled as I admired him as he moved afar.

Before I slept, I thought of our time together and I could barely get him out of my head. I wasn’t really sure of who he was because ever since the lock down he had portrayed himself as the opposite of who he said he was during the lock down.

Did he lie during lock down?

If yes why did he.

Maybe I’m just being paranoid. Miley you need to chill out and just need to get to know him physically, I told myself and finally went to bed.

I had a very beautiful Saturday date night, I dreamt of it over the night and now it’s Sunday, it was over.

I went to the store very early in the morning to get some groceries. There, I saw few of our work colleagues discussing. I was about to walk up to them to say hi when I actually heard their topic of discussion was about Aiden.

“You mean you saw Aiden go home with the girl,” first neighbor said.

“Sure I did, he left with the girl just few minutes after she came into the club,” second neighbor replied.

“Then they must have came over from the club then, because I saw both Aiden and the girl go into his apartment,” third neighbor said.

I couldn’t listen anymore, I turned backwards immediately and went ahead to get the groceries I came to get. Aiden’s phone call came in few minutes after which I angrily declined. I went back home feeling broken and sad. Just when I gave him a benefit of doubt and decided to get to known him and then this. I feel so disgusted about allowing him place his lips on mine yesterday night. I was feeling bad about myself when I got a text from Cecilia, it reads;

I’m at your door, open up babe.

I dragged my feet to get the door opened for Cecilia and I turned away without saying a word almost immediately and dragged my feet back to the chair I got up from to continue feeling sorrowful.

“You don’t look good babe, what’s up.”

“What do you think about Aiden?”

“Well aside being hot and awesome, I think he’s a great guy.”

“You think he’s a great guy?”

I asked her with a sour face.

“Yeah I think he is.”

“Is anything wrong?”

“Well this morning I went to get few groceries at the store and I overheard some of our colleagues from work talking about how Aiden had the fun of his life with a lady in the club and took her home afterwards,” I said to her.

“Well guess you left that part out when you told me about your date yesterday,” she replied giving me an accusing look.

“I’m not the lady he left the club with, we didn’t even go to the club.”

“I told you all that happened already, dinner, then movies and the date was over,” I said.

“Definitely he didn’t go home after leaving my place yesterday, he went to the club,” I added

“From my point of view...”

I cut her off

“You know what…”

I was also interrupted by the ringing of my phone, it was Aiden again.

“Aren’t you going to pick that,” she said.

“It’s Aiden, he’s been calling me all day.”

“And I guess you’ve been ignoring all day.”

“Yeah, I don’t plan on…”

“Yeah, I don’t care about your plan.”

“Pick up the damn phone and hear what he has to say,” She concluded.

Maybe Cecilia is right, it’s better if I picked up and find out the truth myself. I decided to pick up and Cecilia made me put it on speaker.

“Hello babe, you busy today .”

She whispered and signed No! at the same time
.
“No, I’m free.”

“Great, I’d pick you up for lunch .”

“Cecilia is here with me.”

“Great, three is a party, I’d pick you both up,” he said before hanging up.

“Well, we are going to party,” She said happily.

“Common he said for lunch.”

“You sure, cause I damn heard parteeyy,” She said jokingly in an exciting manner.

Aiden and Cecilia happened to get along so well, but she did not forget to mention that Aiden online was so much different from the one offline. The Aiden she met online months ago was very reserved more of an introvert, same reason she introduced us cause she felt we’ll both get along but after lock down he turned out to be the direct opposite. I guess I should have actually met him in real life before fantasizing a home together with him in the future in an isolated calm beach, I feel stupid.

The day was about them, yeah Cecilia and Aiden as they spent most of the day together, I had to go home because of a presumed headache and my knight in shiny armor continued to go about his days unbothered, having fun with my best friend.

I had texted Cecilia few minutes before my acting started and asked her to continue the day with him to observe him. I went back home to continue my day, trying not to feel heartbroken as it seems I have broken my own heart.

Cecilia did came back with a news but not the one I was expecting.

So it appears their fun was cut short when our company’s CEO bumped into them, he asked to speak to Aiden aside. The long story short he said Aiden was being placed under probation due to multiple bad reviews but to utmost surprise Aiden was very rude to him and also resigned on the spot.