Chapter 6 - Not a loss

"Damian. Who is this?" The tall lady with long hair turned to Damian after staring me down.

"Mother, Father, this is Anya." Damian said in a confident tone.

"Oh! How nice to meet you! You look like such a fine young lady!" His mother said to me. I noticed Damian's father look away, like he didn't want to face me.

"Is this the girl you said you took on a date?" Damian's father looked at Damian.

He wasn't showing ANY emotion, bizarre.

"Yes father," Damian groaned, "why do we need to have this conversation now?" He asked.

"Honey, we just want to simply meet your girlfriend." His mother clicked her tongue.

I felt my face turn red. What am I witnessing? I turned to look at Damian and saw that his face was red too.

Damian gently took my hand in his, I looked at the ground, flustered.

"Mother, Father, if you will please excuse us, we're gonna go spend time together." And with that Damian was leading me down a narrow hallway that was connected right off the main entrance.

"Wow Sy-On. You have a huge house." I said, trying to bring on conversation. Damian seemed irritated.

"Yeah, I guess I do huh? I'd prefer your house better in a way." He replied, shrugging. Damian opened a door and lead me into his desk room.

I stopped, "why's that?" I asked.

Damian turned to look at me, "because that house has a loving family in it. And- because of you, of course." He smirked at me, as my face turned hot. "My family isn't really like a family to me. Not in a family way, really."

I closed the door and sat on his office chair as he sat on a bean bag.

"Well, if this family isn't like a family to you, you just have to make your own family." I commented, I looked up and saw Damian's face red. "Gah! I don't mean like children, well maybe I do when you're older but like friends!" I quickly said as the words came out of my mouth.

I heard laughing and looked back up at Damian. He was really laughing. I got up and sat on the floor by his bean bag chair. I laid my head down as I sat on my knees.

"I know what you meant, Anns. Right now, you feel like the only true family." He said as he put his hand and started stroking my hair.

I picked my head up as Damian bent down, my heart was quickening. He leaned in as he rested his hand on my cheek and gently kissed me.

The kiss was honestly amazing, it didn't feel wrong. Damian was patient and gentle unlike other guys that would kiss me. When he pulled away, he was searching my face with his eyes for an answer.

I smiled at him, and he truly smiled back.

A/n: AYO YOU GUYS FINALLY GET YOUR KISS! I've been gone for a week and the reads go from 300 to 530!?! I almost started crying because it honestly means so much to me!

Also I'm so sorry for the short chapter AGAIN! I just thought to leave it at the kiss until next chapter!

Word count: 582 words