13

𝗔/𝗡
Sorry for not updating. I just needed time to take care of myself. Anyway, let's continue.

𝗞𝗶𝗮𝗿𝗮'𝘀 𝗣𝗼𝘃-

A few days after our talk, Jasper had to go hunting so Bella asked me to come with her and Edward

A few days after our talk, Jasper had to go hunting so Bella asked me to come with her and Edward. She drove us to the mountains and we headed to the lake. Edward helped Bella balance-walk across an enormous fallen pine tree in the moss-covered forest. "How long have you been like this?" Bella asked. "Since nineteen-eighteen. That's when Carlisle found me," Edward replied. "You were the first one?" I asked.

"Then Esme came, followed by Rosalie, then Emmett," Edward replied. "Alice, Cameron, and Jasper joined us a few decades ago." Bella took that in, and being the clumsy girl she is, she stumbles. Edward caught as they looked at each other in love.

I smiled as I knew my friend was happy. But it stokes my curiosity. "Where'd he find you?" I asked. "In a hospital, dying of Spanish influenza," Edward replied. "My parents had already died." "What was it like?" Bella asked. "The word excruciating comes to mind. But what Carlisle did was much harder... not many of us have the restraint to do that," Edward told us. "Didn't he just... bite?" Bella asked. "Not just," Edward told her.

"Our bite contains venom. And once we taste blood, a sort of... frenzy begins. It's almost impossible to stop." "But Carlisle did," I added. "First with me, then with his wife, Esme," Edward told me. "He found her in a hospital, as well. The others followed."

"Does someone have to be dying to become like you?" Bella asked as we walked along the stunning coastline, with rugged black rocks, covered in bright green moss. ".....No, that's just Carlisle. He would never do... this, to someone who had another choice," Edward replied. "So Carlisle's why you hunt animals, instead of people," I wondered. "Not the only reason," Edward corrected me. He stopped and looked at Bella, serious, with emotion.

Reassuring me once again, I could tell he really loved her. "I don't want to be a monster," Edward told Bella as she nods. Edward smiled. "We call ourselves vegetarians, by the way...," Edward explained. "For our kind, hunting animals is like living on tofu. It keeps you strong but isn't very satisfying." Then abruptly, he whipped past Bella.

She turned to see him standing on a large rock in the river. "Show off," Bella scoffed. I could do that. "He's your show off," I told her. She rolled her eyes at me. "It's not that impressive, really," Edward told her. "Anyone in my family can do this." Same. "Can they all read minds, too?" Bella asked him. "No, that's unique to me. But Alice can see the future," Edward responded. "Jasper can change emotions," I added. "Really? Bet she saw me coming a mile away," Bella joked.

"And he better not change my feelings." "I doubt it," I joked. "You're like a fish. Little attention span" I laughed as Bella chased me. Edward smiled as he watched us. "Her visions are very subjective," Edward laughed as he runs over to us. "The future can change." He cuts off Bella's questions by returning to shore and continuing our walk.