Chapter 9: Moving Day

By lunchtime, I had somewhat gotten control over myself that my parents were in fact missing. I just hoped I'd come up with a plan to find them. I wasn't sure if I should call 911 or what.

Sonic was playing with my guitar, tuning it and using the new cord that Tails had made for it. Sometimes I wondered if there was anything that fox couldn't make. Soon Sonic had struck up a tune that reminded me of a song both my mom and I liked, Wildfire. It was a story about a woman and a horse having an amazing bond, and one winter they both died in a snowstorm. Don't ask why we like it, we just do.

"I didn't know you played guitar, Sonic," Amy said, enjoying the song.

"I used to be in a band before I came to Knothole." Sonic said, strumming a bit. "But I haven't played for a while. Lets see… Here's my favorite song, it was the one that brought the band together."

Sonic strummed some more to an older tune. "There's something missing," He sang. "Something's just not right. I can hear it calling to me, each and every night."

I listen to the song from the kitchen, grinning at Sonic as he played.

"There is something deep inside, saying someone is out there, and I know I'll never give up, searching everywhere.

Someday. We will be together.
Someday. I know it'll last forever.
Someday. Like shining stars above.
Someday. United in the light of love.
We'll be together, Someday."

Sonic finished the song and looked up in surprise as Amy, Tails and Cream applauded. He put my guitar down and bowed. "Thank you, thank you. You all too kind." He said, making us all laugh.

"You're really good, Mr. Sonic." Cream said.

"Thanks Cream." Sonic said, his smile growing.

"You know Sonic," I said. "I only know two songs on that thing and I rarely play it. If you would like, you could hang onto it."

Sonic looked at me in surprise. "For real?"

"Yeah," I said. "It needs a little TLC but otherwise it's a good guitar. Keep it." I reply.

"Gee, thanks." Sonic said, handing it to Tails. "Think you can clean her up a bit?"

"Sure thing Sonic." Tails answered.

Suddenly my spine tightened, alerting me to chaos energy. Moments later there was a flash outside. Ever since Eggman jumped me, I always carried my dagger that I got as a gift. I drew my dagger and looked at where the flash was. Standing outside the door was Shadow. He looked tired from using chaos control, but he hid that fact best he could. He looked at me with the dagger in my hand. I quickly put it away. "Sorry," I said. "I'm a little edgy since last night."

"I understand." Shadow said walking in. "We found the island, and we can and should start moving immediately."

"Moving?" I asked.

Shadow looked at me again. "Yes. We were thinking about moving you to Angel Island since Eggman knows about your talent and where you live."

"But," I said, feeling over whelmed. "My family. My siblings will be coming home soon and my parents…. My parents are missing." I grab my mothers' necklace and squeeze it, forcing myself not to tear up in front of everyone.

"I could keep tabs here, hon." Rouge said. "I could leave a note saying you're at a friends and you'll be back by dinner. And if anyone comes home, I'll send Tails a message and have Shadow drop you off."

"I still don't know…" I said. I did want to see the Angel Island, but I had obligations here to keep; while everyone was gone, I was in charge of the house, like Knuckles was in charge of his island. "Then there's the dogs and Naomi, my parrot. Sugar and Anne are valuable dogs."